Smoke and dart

Davev333

Dirt Disciple
Right I'm new to all this so please pardon my ignorance.
Some years ago I use to race mtb local and just for fun I used the smoke and dart tyres and loved them.
As I'm building a Zaskar I wanted them again, I know they made a reissue of them but I can't find anything about that rerun other than they had a few issues "falling apart" apparently :)
So I have seen a few on here for sale but where do people get them ? Are they still available ? How much are they new?
I'm not keen on importing 200 as suggested on one post lol. But just like to know a little back ground about them.
Thanks guys

Yes pal seen and emailed about the purchase of said tyres lol, but what I'm asking for here is a bit of background and maybe some apinion on them :)

Nearly killed me on the opening lap of Mayhem this weekend in slippy claggy mud :shock: :shock:

Sorry to hear that daj I am getting a bit of a negative feed back of them as already be said seemed great in the day lol.
The sets that are for sale on here I thought would have sold straight away but it seems not is it price, performance, or just out of favour for some reason.

I havent used my re-issued versions in horrid conditions but dry to moderate I found them excellent. They are nice and wide offering good comfort whilst the modern compound is much stickier than any of the old tyres I use.

Guess like any tyre it will depend on the conditions. . . . . . . and they look frickin cool! (see them on my dekerf below)

To be fair I am infamous for using poor tyre excuse for my extremely poor bike handling skills!! :LOL: :LOL:

daj":3ivyru62 said:
To be fair I am infamous for using poor tyre excuse for my extremely poor bike handling skills!! :LOL: :LOL:

You Dave?! Never. :facepalm: I remember at one point you had the cheek to say that the wildslippers would have been better :LOL:

Smoke and Dart combos a great - especially the re-issue ones, better construction and nice grippy rubber.

Back