GT Xizang 1997

Yidaki

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hey folks,

this is going to be my new ride - still not finished of course.
All the cables and a Marzocchi fix. Couple of days left, not more than a month to go!

Here's a snekl preview:

imagegnuol.jpg

image67uet.jpg

Good night,
Peter

Looks great mate and are you leaving it without decals as i think it would look better with but it's what makes you happy that matters lol ;) ..

I think I will leave it without decals. Still need to change some components though (Avid Arch Supreme but I still need some SL-M952 in VGC for that ... shouldn't have sold mine couple of months ago :D ). And maybe a syncros Revolution .. but that one need a treatment as well yet.

Very nice!

Personally, I would remove those green tires, though. ;) Then, the blue 97 decals will fit, too. If you want something fancy, why not choose Tioga Butterscotch? I had them on my Xizang once (but it was too much).

You got your Xizang brushed, right? Without decals one could think you "only" have a Lightning. :LOL:

Not too sure about the Avid Arch Supremes. Of course, they look cool and are the most exclusive V-Brakes out there - but they are quite heavy and their polished look does not fit the titanium colour too well.

Also no "need" to switch to Syncros Revos. I love M950 cranks (in nice condition), especially on Ti frames.

Back