Mountain Mayhem Aftermath Thread

Mangledmech":25enzknp said:
Much to my discredit and embarassment I have no idea what his name was and never even looked at his bike(!!). When he was chatting to his mate I think that a Klein was mentioned. My mind was spinning it was like I was hearing disembodied voices in an hallucination (I will have to give up 24h racing one day).

I would be great to know his name and say thanks!

That was Andy, and it was Paul who stopped too (I know, as I was with him and kept going :oops: ).
I'll have you on my gopro too :D

Now how can i start without saying im stunned, it was in deed i who was on my knees helping out this madman who kept muttering things like i need to go faster and talking about losing time and laps which i found totally bewildering and knocked me for six but i soldiered on even with these mutterings of madness to see if he had better equipment than me, i must say i was going down a path which i knew would lead to satisfaction due to i had DI2 on me Klien so all was good. I must admit though the guy was looking a bit stressed when i informed him that it did not matter if it took us 20 minutes to fix his bike due to us now being on blackmans time (which means take all day) this seemed to send him over the edge. I cannot understand why the guy could not remember a 6ft blackman on his knees in the woods in lycra at 3 in the morning with a stars and stripes top and a brightly coloured klien plus the smell of a brewery. Let me say it was emotional to see a grown man have a tear in his eye when we found a spoke sticking out of his tyre, i just thought this was the end for the man and it was time to protect me klien cause i thought the man was gonna explode and steal me bike, but bless the man he got the job done and went off into the distance still muttering, i dont know if this was sheer relief at fixing his bike or getting away from me still trying to explain that life is all about chilling and doing the retro thing which is doing the least amount of laps in 24hrs.

Not much to say about the event really except that i expected the usual suspects bad behaviour in camp. I also would like to thank gatcoombe for taking away my fun at 3 in morning by informing me that i was not to use my megaphone in the woods at that time, which i now understand could be head for miles, all i can say it was spencers and that little man from up norths fault for encouraging such silly behaviour and the fact that i had to do a lap pissed which is no mean feat, the thing with riding pissed is that you dont notice downhills like the koffin.

I must say sorry to pat for not being able to get his fast response unit team to help move the intruder.

Thanks to:

John for the barbie and spence for the beer.
and of course everyone who enjoyed my chicken and rice.
also to everyone who made the event enjoyable even though we had no trackside camping.
and to eds misses for explaining the political world and developement for the rural community which i found enlightening.
also thanks to nobby for being from up north it gave me somthing to heckle about.
aso spence for the flood lights of doom which i will say you must ride with flashing mode only

I think next year we will put a bit more thought into the event to make it even better and bring on the violater

Thanks Andy

Spencer's squirrel burner light is gloriously over the top isn't it?......he put them on at his front door once to show me......I'm convinced a Russian astronaught on the international space station fumbled for his sunglasses!..... :cool:

Finally catching up..

I can't compare this years Mayhem to any other since this was first !
but fully agree our camp site was a kin to being a Lepper colany,
We couldn't have been further away from the action had we tried

Memorable weekend, for many reasons

1. Our four man team becoming three (due to "RetroYetiRidge" being summoned to the Labourward) before we'd even started and by 2pm on day one being down to just me and Pyro Tim, who I have to day did a sterling job as standin Team Captain

2. Getting back so tired and Hungry that after 16yrs of being a Vegi I circumbed to a Burger from Johns BBQ :shock: which I eat so quickly I was onto #2 within seconds :oops:

3. Andy's fantastic Rice with Gungo peas,

4. Nobby ......You're just a "Wrong Un" on so many different levels

5. Everyone who I met

Will be back for more next year,

Attachments

• Nobby and Jess.jpg
    Nobby and Jess.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 675
  • muddy orange X1.jpg
    muddy orange X1.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 675
A bit late to this but I pretty much agree with what everyone else has said so far about the venue, layout and course. Apart from all the pushing I enjoyed the course more than Eastnor, being more technical (riding rigid at least) it was that much more of a challenge than a slog most of the time. I even enjoyed the Koffin though don't know whether it was by skill or good luck that I made it down in one piece each time.

Not being trackside was the main issue, it just wasn't the same being so far away.

Finally thanks to the rest of my team, the Retrobike Cyclepaths, and to everyone else involved in making it a fun weekend in the rain/mud/sun/gales! And congratulations on the twins Chris.

They're now asking for feedback on the Facebook page - time to get some CONSTRUCTIVE comments in to hopefully improve things for next year!

Venue definitely has potential...

elPedro666":3l7y9idm said:
They're now asking for feedback on the Facebook page - time to get some CONSTRUCTIVE comments in to hopefully improve things for next year!

Venue definitely has potential...

Feedback left ;)

Believe it or not, there are some people who don't have (or want) a Facebook account, how do we give feedback?

I ask this as someone who has been all over the official web site, but failed to find an e-mail address (which someone will now link me to in about three seconds).

Back