spinergy wheel clicking problem found more help needed

healthclinic11

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
i recently put an add on here to swap my spin wheels for some spinergy ones.i just loved the look.
so upon receiving the spinergys i did all the usual checks and the wheels were all good to go :) they have sat on the bike while i was completing the build.
today i had my first chance to take her for a light canal ride.ive noticed there is a strange clicking noise on the rear wheel that gets louder under load after checking everything again they still seem ok but ive heard such horror stories and im now scared to ride my bike

its the only bike i have so any help/advice would be great as i feel i might of lost 250gbp that i paid for my spins and left with wheels/wheel unfit to ride :(

Re: spinergy wheel clicking please help as im worried

Freehub/drivetrain issue surely? There is no reason why it would change under load otherwise. Now if it pinged everytime you went over a bump - that would be worrying.

Clicks under load. What a nightmare to track down!
It could be anything, the sound moves through the frame and often seems to be from the other end of the bike. Check the dropouts are clean, skewer tight, cassette tight, crank bolts, BB, seatpost, saddle, bars, stem. It's really a process of elimination.

I had a horrible click on my Litespeed. It turned out to be a little bit of surface corrosion on the rear axle in the dropout. A wipe and it was gone....only took be 2 weeks and virtually dismantling the bike to find it.

cheers guys its not cassette or drive chain as it still clicks when freerolling just worried as you see all the horror stories.wasnt to worried about getting them to start with as i only use for road and canal

latman":3sjtwi3m said:
are all 8 rivets inplace ?
yes all 8 rivets seem ok ive heard that cracks cab difficult to find so could a hidden crack be a sympton of clicking ?

Have you checked the bearings yet?

Make sure it's actually the wheel by trying a different one. Don't bother setting up the brakes etc. Just ride a few hundred yards to make sure it doesn't click with the different wheel.
I had one of my pedal bearings die just as I replaced the BB. I was 100% sure that I had 3 broken BBs in a row.
Nearly assaulted my LBS because he kept selling me broken stuff, then tried different pedals and ... :oops:

Raging_Bulls":dtx6z6qu said:
Have you checked the bearings yet?

Make sure it's actually the wheel by trying a different one. Don't bother setting up the brakes etc. Just ride a few hundred yards to make sure it doesn't click with the different wheel.
I had one of my pedal bearings die just as I replaced the BB. I was 100% sure that I had 3 broken BBs in a row.
Nearly assaulted my LBS because he kept selling me broken stuff, then tried different pedals and ... :oops:
100% back wheel tried an old spare and its fine also does it freewheeling so cant be bb pedals drivechain ect ect

Last mystery clicking I fixed was on a club road ride, the rider in front of me had a bit of brake cable that hadn't been clipped short enough and was hitting something. It was driving me potty until I realised it wasn't my bike making the noise, took about 5 miles of eyeballing their bike before I worked out what it was, begged them to stop and bent it out of the way. The rest of the ride was blissful!

Back