is this a something decent or should it go back to the tip??

mark_w

Dirt Disciple
evening folks, another 'is the crap old bike i've been given a priceless classic or a load of old cock?' thread, so, er...look past the comedy wheels & handlebar/forks fitment - the carrier bag has the BB in, not dog poo - so, is it a priceless classic or a heap of old cock?
the frame number, should it help, is SA705226, and, FWIW, it is very very light, could make a nice bike, if, and it's a big 'if', it's worth bothering with.

017_zps6435d25d.jpg

020_zpsb37ce6c9.jpg

018_zpsb32c1929.jpg

Re: is this a something decent or should it go back to the t

It doesn't ring any immediate bells, but would make a fine commuter at the very least.

Looks like an old Townsend Oberon or of that make ?

Shouldn't go back to the tip. Chuck on a better set of forks and that'd make a good commuter or winter mtb where being precious with it is not a concern.

IMO no frame or bike part should ever go to the tip unless it is damaged beyond repair.
Even if it's nothing special, it can always be built as a good commuter or pub bike.

Looks like the fork is original?

cheers guys, i wouldn't really throw it away, i never throw anything away, that's why my garage needs rubber walls. the forks are disc only, so i don't know of they're originals, it doesn't have disc wheels, and the stem is in need of some spacers. it has a 'giant' bell, i did wonder if it had been a giant, but it's probably more like a bell fitted by the 9 year old who assembled it in it's current state. it would be nice to know what it is so i can at least get some replica decals off e bay for it! i've got enough bits to make it a 'bike' again i think.

Back