Mountain Mayhem Aftermath Thread

Mangledmech":2ft8dim0 said:
Much to my discredit and embarassment I have no idea what his name was and never even looked at his bike(!!). When he was chatting to his mate I think that a Klein was mentioned. My mind was spinning it was like I was hearing disembodied voices in an hallucination (I will have to give up 24h racing one day).

I would be great to know his name and say thanks!

Sounds very much like Andy he went out around midnight on a Klein and has a Coventry accent...another guy on here Makster mentioned seeing him helping out a guy with "mechanical issues" and he stopped briefly to offer help aswell...

Mangledmech":2r6x5gih said:
Hello Retrobikers!

Newbie here, just coming on to say a HUGE THANKYOU to one of your members that was my Good Samaritan in the middle of the night at Mayhem.

A stick had put my mech into my wheel, snapped a hanger, snapped a spoke, pushed the spoke through the side wall of my tyre and turned my chain inside out.

One (at one point two) retrobikers stopped trailside to lend a hand to a ranting, cursing ball of fury that was me!

Luckily I had my tools, gas and spare hanger (don't leave home without one!), but what they gave me was calm. You really helped me to stay calm(ish) as I fixed one job, put the bike together, found the next problem, fixed it, found the next problem, started again.......

You were really supportive and encouraging and that helped me keep myself together.

Whoever you are you where a legend, you did not need to stop, or stay, you lost your own time and probably had to put up with a fair bit of my ranting!!! Thank you.

I just about managed to nurse the bike back around the next 3/4 lap, all the time terrified that the now bent, noisily clicking, mech would catch again.

I hppe that enjoyed the rest of your laps and had a great weekend, once again - thanks!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Was he handsome debonair with a huge knob

Hi Andy :p

wookiee":3s8yo4d0 said:
Mangledmech":3s8yo4d0 said:
Much to my discredit and embarassment I have no idea what his name was and never even looked at his bike(!!). When he was chatting to his mate I think that a Klein was mentioned. My mind was spinning it was like I was hearing disembodied voices in an hallucination (I will have to give up 24h racing one day).

Sounds very much like Andy he went out around midnight on a Klein and has a Coventry accent...another guy on here Makster mentioned seeing him helping out a guy with "mechanical issues" and he stopped briefly to offer help aswell...

If it was Andy his tag on here is Any123 and he is a top guy and a great laugh!

wookiee":1htx2k8p said:
Mangledmech":1htx2k8p said:

I'm sure Mark said that Andy was on his knees "helping" someone in the woods, in the dark ;)

Did he give good head?

Hey Darren I was the middle aged bloke !
Julia said go for it everyone gets changed behind the tent
Where I went wrong was bending over and showing everyone my plums :LOL: and I just thought it was a full moon

captaincosmic":3nsp0pbb said:
Hey Darren I was the middle aged bloke !
Julia said go for it everyone gets changed behind the tent
Where I went wrong was bending over and showing everyone my plums :LOL: and I just thought it was a full moon

You too?....... :LOL: .........I was referring to me, I did at least a 300 degree turn, perhaps ten one legged hops, butt naked, as ungraceful as you like, to look up and see I wasn't unnoticed!.......should really have waved, but found myself skulking back behind the tent.......shamed!...... :LOL:

A un-mentioned highlight must be the Rupe and Wolf stripping in the tent show Friday night :LOL:

Back