Mountain Mayhem Aftermath Thread

That was my first mountain mayhem so I cant compare it to the previous events but I had a great time, I would like to thank Andrew for organizing the team, Andrew, Marcus and Neil for being great team mates and most of all John, Spencer and everyone else who provided the marque, barbecue, beer and entertainment, myself and Cath were made to feel welcome, now she understands what I love about retro bike.

As for the track it was good fun I just need to work on my fitness for the climbs, I will be back next year, I have the bug now, hope to catch up with some of you on the next national ride

Cheers

Stuart

Hello Retrobikers!

Newbie here, just coming on to say a HUGE THANKYOU to one of your members that was my Good Samaritan in the middle of the night at Mayhem.

A stick had put my mech into my wheel, snapped a hanger, snapped a spoke, pushed the spoke through the side wall of my tyre and turned my chain inside out.

One (at one point two) retrobikers stopped trailside to lend a hand to a ranting, cursing ball of fury that was me!

Luckily I had my tools, gas and spare hanger (don't leave home without one!), but what they gave me was calm. You really helped me to stay calm(ish) as I fixed one job, put the bike together, found the next problem, fixed it, found the next problem, started again.......

You were really supportive and encouraging and that helped me keep myself together.

Whoever you are you where a legend, you did not need to stop, or stay, you lost your own time and probably had to put up with a fair bit of my ranting!!! Thank you.

I just about managed to nurse the bike back around the next 3/4 lap, all the time terrified that the now bent, noisily clicking, mech would catch again.

I hppe that enjoyed the rest of your laps and had a great weekend, once again - thanks!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mangledmech":i7hl2nf7 said:
Hello Retrobikers!

Newbie here, just coming on to say a HUGE THANKYOU to one of your members that was my Good Samaritan in the middle of the night at Mayhem.

A stick had put my mech into my wheel, snapped a hanger, snapped a spoke, pushed the spoke through the side wall of my tyre and turned my chain inside out.

One (at one point two) retrobikers stopped trailside to lend a hand to a ranting, cursing ball of fury that was me!

Luckily I had my tools, gas and spare hanger (don't leave home without one!), but what they gave me was calm. You really helped me to stay calm(ish) as I fixed one job, put the bike together, found the next problem, fixed it, found the next problem, started again.......

You were really supportive and encouraging and that helped me keep myself together.

Whoever you are you where a legend, you did not need to stop, or stay, you lost your own time and probably had to put up with a fair bit of my ranting!!! Thank you.

I just about managed to nurse the bike back around the next 3/4 lap, all the time terrified that the now bent, noisily clicking, mech would catch again.

I hppe that enjoyed the rest of your laps and had a great weekend, once again - thanks!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Us retro bikers are a good bunch really...sounds like it may have been Andy....what bike were they riding?

An observation based on the thread so far...

...camp site boring flat field with no atmosphere; Eastnor, being on a slope, you could see so much more and get a feel for what was going on around you.

Lack of trackside camping big let down; absolutely no involvement or interaction with the event, leading to complete lack of support.

Course unimaginative and too 'challenging' to be fun?

Superlative 'hitting-of-nail-on-head' by ed'ed' re Wiggles relocation of event! :LOL:

Once again, sad that I couldn't be there to enjoy the RB camaraderie but, ultimately, glad I couldn't go due to work commitments :|

Having been there in the 91/92 heyday, Eastnor will always be the mountain biking Mecca for me...

Much to my discredit and embarassment I have no idea what his name was and never even looked at his bike(!!). When he was chatting to his mate I think that a Klein was mentioned. My mind was spinning it was like I was hearing disembodied voices in an hallucination (I will have to give up 24h racing one day).

I would be great to know his name and say thanks!

Back