unidentified brodie

I think the hooded dropouts were introduced to the Sovereign about 1994 and a year later on the eXpresso. I think that the Sovereign had the s bend seat stays but they were maybe straight on the eXpresso. Someone more knowledgeable than me will probably come along shortly :D

chillibiker":1afmtxsh said:
highlandsflyer":1afmtxsh said:
I would sell it so that someone the right size can own it.
Ya that's probably the best idea I would like to see it get used I do host a few retro mountain bike rides every month out here in bc... So it will get used by some one. Not to mention the smaller friends I have that can use it as well. I just interested in the rarity of the bike and more light on the history of it.
hi and welcome
i'm in coquitlam also. i come out the mt. leeman (sp) way occasionally and
ride the dyke out vedder crossing and chilliwack river. would come out and join
one of your rides if fit my schedule. let me know when you plan another ride.
what type of riding is it? what bikes you guys got? on average how many retro bikes show up?
that sure is a small frame. but looks to be in decent condition.
a real shame someone would want to toss it in garbage. :facepalm:
your smaller friends must be members of the lollipop guild. :LOL:
roy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_CAs3q7G48

hey chillibiker,

first i've seen of this thread. glad you saved the bike! if you haven't already found out through paul, i'd say it's made in april or may 1995, as in my own brodie collection and database of queries i've done for others, a frame with the serial number 3788 came back as being made in april '95! practically 'brothers' or 'neighbours'- on the frame production rack, anyhow. btw, i'm in pitt meadows, so another vrc-head nearby! ;o) in my walking days, i did a fair bit of mtn biking, road riding and dirt biking out chill-way... nowadays, the main reasons to go out that way is to get my handi-van fixed at sidewinder conversions and get corn!

Back