orange p7

oonaff

Senior Retro Guru
hi , i have an orange p7. it is shiny and appears to be lacquerd . there are some very faint rust spots
here and there on it .
can any one tell me what kind of steel it is made from and whether it is coated to make it shiny or simply polished ? although its not bad, what would be the best way to restore it to forma glory.
its a delightfull nimble thing with non suspension forks, xt and migura rim brakes.

Sounds like a laquered nickel plated one like this.......

Depends how bad the rust spots are really - anything from WD40 or equivalent to metal polish or more destructive methods may be required :D

the frames are nickel plated, the best possible option is paint stripper to remove the original lacquer, then polish the hell out of it, then have it re-lacquered with new stickers.

this is what i had done with mine and it still looks good 2 years on

Attachments

• P7.jpg
    P7.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 994
yes that is it , thanks for the tips .I heard that rolls royce front grills are nickel plated so that cant be bad!
moving on to the sticker's i see the day glow orange ones are on ebay , ive also got to get another diamond type, kind of purple with a diagram of an orange in the middle 2 little ones for the fork tops and one for the seat tube . may be i could get a suspension fork in the future whilst maintaining the hydraulic rim brakes,they look good, in fact loads of people keep looking at it ! it cost £300 i wonder how much new ?

Back