unidentified brodie

chillibiker

Retro Guru
This brodie was given to me the other day by a customer at the lbs I work at. I belive it is a 1996 ish sovgiern but not compleatly sure. I have done no work on it yet since I am finishing my proflex first. Parts are: hyper lite bar, syncos stem, x ray shifters, xtr rear xt front Der, rock shox mag 21 fork, Mavic 230 tib front wheel with Mavic hub, dia compe canties, kalloy seat post sugino impel cranks. The only problem is the frame is way to small so it would be a show peice/ loner bike only for me. Is it worth it to restore as a show off bike or should I swap the parts to a larger frame. From what I can tell everything but the rear wheel seems original to the bike.
Any suggestions on build ideas?
Ps I tried to post pics but every time I did it said the size was too big even when I lower the file size to the min.

highlandsflyer":5kpanrfs said:
I would sell it so that someone the right size can own it.
Ya that's probably the best idea I would like to see it get used I do host a few retro mountain bike rides every month out here in bc... So it will get used by some one. Not to mention the smaller friends I have that can use it as well. I just interested in the rarity of the bike and more light on the history of it.

When you say you were given it do you mean as a gift? Makes it a bit trickier to sell unless you are going to give the money to the person who gave you the bike. Tricky dilemma.

Tazio":9fldcpk6 said:
When you say you were given it do you mean as a gift? Makes it a bit trickier to sell unless you are going to give the money to the person who gave you the bike. Tricky dilemma.
given as in ready to throw away. I guess the customer didn't want it anymore and didn't know what else to do with it. He was ready to take it to the landfill but brought it to us instead.

chillibiker":1drsxp6i said:

I'm guessing that 3727 would suggest that you are in the right ball park with your estimate of the age of it.

Back