Removing Bottle Cage Bolt/Rivet

ratbane

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
One of the bottlecage bolts on my Cannonadle CAAD9 is spinning, together with the rivet.

Any tips on getting both offending objects out??

Drilling is difficult, as there is pretty much ziltch room to grip the little gits, to stop them rotating whilst drilling.

HELP!

ratbane":34nyq4zx said:
Terry Manuel":34nyq4zx said:
Have you tried Araldite or similar?

No, but I will try it.

...would like to hear how you will apply it inside the frame tube. :?

BTW is it on the seat-tube or down-tube? If it's on the down-tube making a special clamp from a jubilee clip may work to grip the riv-nut. Bear in mind that the wall thickness of the frame tubes and access with a drill makes your choice for brutality very limited. It's damn awful that even high end frames use these crappy 2p riv-nuts.

Woz":2kx9md6v said:
ratbane":2kx9md6v said:
Terry Manuel":2kx9md6v said:
Have you tried Araldite or similar?

No, but I will try it.

...would like to hear how you will apply it inside the frame tube. :?

BTW is it on the seat-tube or down-tube? If it's on the down-tube making a special clamp from a jubilee clip may work to grip the riv-nut. Bear in mind that the wall thickness of the frame tubes and access with a drill makes your choice for brutality very limited. It's damn awful that even high end frames use these crappy 2p riv-nuts.

My intention, glue-wise, is to apply a tiny amount under the flange of the rivet.

It's the downtube, so the FD method wont work. The tubing is very thin at this point on the CAAD 9 frame, so it will be difficult to sort.

Back