best light for country lane commuting for £30?

These are good:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/LISMRT35FR/ ... ront_light

Alot brighter than you'd think. I bought one for this winter and when I tried it out in my back garden I was really suprised. Its not quite as bright, but is comparible with a genuine 200 lumen torch like a Fenix or an Eagletac. Much much brighter than those cheap so called 5w cree 270 lumen torches from the far east. You know the ones ;)

If you buy it now it will be with you in a few days too, not 4-6 weeks ;)

Re:

dyna-ti":2vc5649j said:
Lyzene are bringing out flashlights.Not sure of the prices but their flagship is only £100 and theres 2 models below that so you could find its about 35-40 quid or so :?
If they set their good prices for lights I'll must buy some. But as you said, I think the price must be higher then other lights.

The cheap Chinese ones can have very poor and unsafe chargers and often use batteries reclaimed from old laptops. Getting the lights from ebay but the batteries and chargers from somebody with a reputation to lose is probably the win-win.

See www.torchythebatteryboy.com for details on good and bad stuff.

Fair enough the 1000 lumen type ones if you are doing country lanes and offroad riding but some people are using them in town now and it is way over the top. As someone who cycles (and drives) in a city, getting dazzled by someone with a totally unsuitable light on their bike.

I bought a Nightrider Mako front light recently which claims 150 lumens. And is more than enough to use in town and is still enough if I go onto cyclepaths or canal paths as long as you don't want hammer along at full speed.

I've got one of these: http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/access ... gle#264638

It's a bit over the budget, although that's £20.00 less than I paid for one. I'm really pleased with it, it has a good beam pattern for the road which sort of cuts off at the top, unlike my MagicShine light which is very "floody". Low is pretty bright and high is plenty for off road and totally unlit roads and paths and the Hyper-constant, which pulses between high and low, is very attention grabbing.

Re:

cchris2lou":3c2mtfh3 said:
check out Deal extreme , for £30 you get a 1200 lumen light .

Delivery can be very slow, and if you need to do a return you'll have to sacrifice your firstborn to Cthulhu to the replacement inside a year. Qualityy varies too - some DX stuff works of the box, other stuff you have to add o-rings to and even heatsinking - the reviews usually tell you, so I'd never buy a model too new to have them.

Latest posts

Back