A MTB Scrapyard find - but who knows what it is??

Giosgremlin

Dirt Disciple
Hy everybody,
I just found this MTB frame on the scrap! I got NO idea which brand, year or what so ever. As far as I could see its a fully and made out of alloy/aluminium I guess - with really "scarry" type of welding looks like scars. The frame is upsolutly straight and got no bends or dents. Please help me to identify this piece.

Dunno. Low end BSO (Lidl ultra-super DH rig?) judging by the rear wheel lock braze on and plastic chain guard on the chainset.

BB appears to be mounted on the rear triangle?

That's always something that screams BSO at me ;)

Also, I can't properly make out the chainset on there but it looks like the rings are welded/riveted on there?

Chainset's a Shimano FC-M171 or such like; Tourney quality. It is a cheapo bike and probably not worth the effort of rebuilding (sadly).

Something along those lines indeed.

When they put a mount for an old-fashioned dynamo on a full suspension frame (see underside of left-hand seatstay), you know it's never intended to be ridden off-road.

Thanx for all your help! I'll bring it back to the scrapyard, recycling you know ,) and I better stick to italian roadbikes with steel frames, there I can tell a handmade piece from a supermarket racer.

Thanx to all of you!

Latest posts

Back