My first Klein what I have I started' New pics added

Re: My first Klein what I have I started'

Crus":1l7ys2qy said:
Very nice, :D I own the little twin!
As I will use as city and summer bike, I added some new components to the original one.
I belive that like this is a very nice frame with some nice components that help to emphasize it.
With original bar
photomag04161729.jpg

And updated bar, same age.
photomag26221329.jpg

Nice! I have an s-works carbon bar I bought a few years ago so I may well use it on the klein")

What fork is that? I can't deal with the Judy fork I nearly bailed twice today so a change to some much stiffer springs is on the horizon.,

The judy is the first thing I have changed.
This frame is really nice as it is classic grandient tubes, but standard size fork 1 1/8"

It is a 2006 RS Reba, cantilever version.
it is stiff, modern and easy to find. It can be set down at 85mm of travel.
It is all black as the judy and it looks better as it has 32mm legs.
I prefered this to a sid or a manitou comp.
:)

I think the SLX chainset looks fine on there - and it's a very good component; just depends on wether you want the bike to look "period". I also like the Bonty tyres! Could you tell me what they're called so I can seek some out? :)

Reluctant":12tcjp2f said:
I think the SLX chainset looks fine on there - and it's a very good component; just depends on wether you want the bike to look "period". I also like the Bonty tyres! Could you tell me what they're called so I can seek some out? :)

The tyres are very light bontrager comfort B hardcase 26x1.50 they are a hybrid road and light trail tyre judging by tread if that helps") they run pretty quick on the klein although the fork is taking a lot of the energy out of the performance and I'm uses to ridgid forks ala p2 and p-bones on other rides so I will probably be looking to swap it for a pace rc36 pro evo I have from same period which is a little stiffer and will look pretty cool I think.

Few more pics from today's outing, pace rc36 pro class evo's being fitted at the weekend so that will be interesting to see how they change the ride")

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 513
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 514
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 514
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 514
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 513
New tyres and pace rc36 pro class evo 99 limited forks with wrong decals I put on as pace said they no longer had them but the resident decal guru is sorting those"))

Great ride on it today the forks make such a difference to the ride and the tyres are light and grippy, really love riding this fast and climbs so easy..

Bit gutted needs a new front gear cable so that should be fun trying all the funny methods I've seen through posts on here!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 267
Swapping that cable is a piece of cake,

1. get your self a piece of plastic tubing (Jonroc has some for sale pretty cheap on his website)
2. then undo the cable at the derailleur end and pull back through the chain stays so its hanging out of the down tube
3. cut the end of the cable so any freys are gone
4. Hold the cable and at the same time pull the outer away from the frame at the top end of where it enters the frame
5. slide the plastic tube over the inner cable and push the plastic tube up the cable till it comes out the top hole (hold derailleur end of the inner at the same time)
6. when the plastic tube has come out the top tape it to the frame so it doesn't accidentally drop back down
7. hold the plastic tube to the frame and pull the inner back through and right out of the frame
8. connect new inner at the shifter end
9. feed the new inner back through the plastic tube till it comes out the bottom
10. before you feed the new inner through the chainstays pull the plastic tube back through and out the bottome
Then you are all done, you only have to feed the new inner through the hole in the chainstays and connect it up

job done! hope this helps, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THAT TUBE it's a 2 min job :D

good luck!

ozone1":sq4vwyfj said:
Swapping that cable is a piece of cake,

1. get your self a piece of plastic tubing (Jonroc has some for sale pretty cheap on his website)
2. then undo the cable at the derailleur end and pull back through the chain stays so its hanging out of the down tube
3. cut the end of the cable so any freys are gone
4. Hold the cable and at the same time pull the outer away from the frame at the top end of where it enters the frame
5. slide the plastic tube over the inner cable and push the plastic tube up the cable till it comes out the top hole (hold derailleur end of the inner at the same time)
6. when the plastic tube has come out the top tape it to the frame so it doesn't accidentally drop back down
7. hold the plastic tube to the frame and pull the inner back through and right out of the frame
8. connect new inner at the shifter end
9. feed the new inner back through the plastic tube till it comes out the bottom
10. before you feed the new inner through the chainstays pull the plastic tube back through and out the bottome
Then you are all done, you only have to feed the new inner through the hole in the chainstays and connect it up

job done! hope this helps, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THAT TUBE it's a 2 min job :D

good luck!

Well all I can say is thank you very much! Very informative and very well instructed!!
Much appreciated")))

:D cheers,

I knew I should never have got one as I now have an attitude race that needs full rebuild and paint and an early Attitude that needs an awful lot of love! Just trying to get my head around where to start with them I think the Race will be something different and unklein like paint wise I will be going for as the original Koi paint is trashed but frame is perfect and as for the Backfire attitude I will be treating it to a full catalogue spec and repaint makeover as paint is again trashed but I wouldn't have the heart not to bring it back to its former glory..
Big sale from the man cave collection will be coming soon to get the ball rolling on funding my habit! Then I will bravely start a thread on the rebuilds")

Back