Crash on a ride today - who's at fault?

There's.
If the area of the incident/accident is indeed a 'run off/out area' and there bikes prevented this run off area to be used the only option, as i see it, was to run off/out over there bikes :D
Very decent of you to repair his wheel ;) is he gonna help mend your ankle? :LOL:

FluffyChicken":3mjfmw5z said:
Fire road would be shared usage, e.g forest commision cars, trucks could be on their, let alone people walking or generally riding a bike (if anything like dalby, sherwood)
Iirc all dalby are blanked off at the end and a some slow down area/chicane is used before hand.
I would say the trail builders are at fault for creating a hazard area ;).

Got to agree with that.

People do stupid things, cyclists probably more than most...

...it sounds to me like the end of the trail has been modified to stop people hammering out into the fire road inconsiderately?

50/50

I concur.

We have a number of problems like this on our local trails, where serious downhill runs fly over long established paths.

Luckily a lot of our trails are free of woods, so visibility tends to be good far ahead.

Still get some idiots who have a heads down mentality as if they were in a velodrome.

Over time these issues tend to get ironed out, but there is potential for catastrophe where a downhiller is coming across or onto a path where people are hiking or chilling out generally.

Fixed his wheel, and while I was at it adjusted the cones and greased the bearings - couldn't leave a tight/graunchy hub alone, could I? :LOL:
He said he was going to ride it today. So hopefully it stayed true!

Oh and p.s. I rode the same trail yesterday, and even though no-one was around I slowed down considerably for the end ;)

Back