PSA re Shiny Bikes - RESOLUTION p4

Re: Non-delivery from an online shop - thoughts?

How Shiny is this Bike website?

Sound like a bunch of crooks TBH, and customer service counts for a LOT.

A quick google of the T+C tells me it's a very shiny website...

So the saga continues.

A response from the seller was due today and at 10.32 p.m. I receive an e-mail from Paypal to say that the seller has advised them of a tracking number that they are investigating. A tracking number for a purchase that was cancelled two days before they sent it.

Bewildered, I had to remind myself of their Terms and Conditions as I must surely have misunderstood:

Returns Policy

We offer a "no quibbles" guarantee on all purchases meaning that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, for example if the item you have ordered is faulty, defective or you've had a change of heart you must return it to us unused and in the original packaging and condition within 7 days for a prompt replacement, exchange or refund.

Where an item has been specially ordered for a customer and the item is then returned either for a refund or an exchange, a stock in fee of 20% of the value of the item will be applied.

Refunds:

All goods carry a no quibble money back guarantee, simply send us back your un-wanted goods along with your proof of purchase and we'll credit you upon receipt.

Then I reminded myself that the item, cancelled two days before sending, had been returned unopened (indeed, hadn't been accepted). So, why not resolve simply by refunding? I may be overly cynical by now but waiting until the last minute to respond to the Paypal dispute - they had 10 days remember - and even then providing a tracking number for an order I'd cancelled makes it appear that they are being as awkward as possible but I can't begin to imagine why (ok, I can but it isn't very pleasant) especially as the Sram Rival groupset is claimed on the site to be a 'Bestseller'.

This is really starting to boil my p*** now :evil:

Not a site I've had any dealings with, but am now inclined to give them a wide berth in any case.

Of course, had you raised this issue on Bikeradar, no doubt someone would have facetiously Blamed Wiggle - even if it wasn't their fault - by now. ;)

David

I think it's pretty obvious now which seller is mentioned here. Hopefully nobody here will deal with them anymore.

Considering the amount of money involved with this deal, Ededwards doesn't want the actual name mentioned here until the case is resolved.
As such, I have removed a few posts for now. Once it is all resolved, I'll look into merging them back in.

Ed, get in touch with your local trading standards dept. The distance selling regulations apply in this case and you are legally entitled to a refund if you return the goods.

Please check page 12 of the below from the Office of Fair Trading (not some Yahoo Answers or Wikipedia made up story).

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/busine ... oft913.pdf

Bit of a long winded dirge and I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thing, just skimmed through.

Thanks Tad, that's really helpful - I've drafted a letter and will contact local Trading Standards.

I'll update when/if there are any developments.

highlandsflyer":3kzv5sah said:
When my cockles didn't arrive after 28 days I had to escalate it to a clam.

Give the seller a chance and stop being so shellfish. :roll:

PS I think I am the only one who does not know who the shop is - anybody wish to PM me?

02gf74":1fcpa27j said:
PS I think I am the only one who does not know who the shop is - anybody wish to PM me?

If you were to say copy and paste part of their returns policy into google it could help narrow down the field :)

ok - it was more or less named already - I was not aware of a comkpany of that name.

Back