Moving....basement shop set-up ideas wanted...HELP!

SeeingisBelievingGTMuseum

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Relocating to a new home. Has a 1,850 sq ft basement. Luckily the basement stairs are straight in from the garage door. Half of the new basement is finished, half isn't. Have over 40 complete bikes, 20 frames, 20 pair of wheels, 40 forks plus bins and boxes of parts.

Need ideas on how to set up this new "Man Cave/shop space". If any of you could provide good pictures on how you store or rack bikes and parts in an efficient manner I'd greatly appreciate it if you could post pics and explanations.

Huge thanks in advance.

gm1230126":3ij01ect said:
Relocating to a new home.....Has a 1,850 sq ft basement.

:shock:

Happy new house :D

Not sure many of us on here would know where to start with that amount of space.

raidan73":gm8o790d said:
gm1230126":gm8o790d said:
Relocating to a new home.....Has a 1,850 sq ft basement.

:shock:

Happy new house :D

Not sure many of us on here would know where to start with that amount of space.[/quote

When you reach 50 and have worked 55-60 hours a week all your life you'll realize you deserve it.

Please don't think I was in any way being negative, maybe a bit jealous though ;) It's just that most houses in Britain don't even have basements, let alone that kind of available 'utility' space due to the fact we're packed in tighter than sardines in a can (mostly).

I'm guessing with that many bikes and a small entrance (?) via stairs you'll want to keep your regular riders near the door? I find that top and tailing the bikes on one wheel from ceiling hooks is a great way to make the most of the space whilst keeping the bikes out of harms way. Like this, but on a grander scale :D

42n8.jpg

Back