Official 2013 Mountain Mayhem team thread

NeilM":16jr6sif said:
Just been out for an hour and a half testing out my light set up in the local woods. :shock:

Great fun and enough light to go same speed as I normally would, although I accept I do know where I'm going.

I'll have to have another go over the weekend, maybe follow some trails I've not been on before. :twisted:

Always best to try your lights after a bottle of vino, your be ready for anything after that test

theredchili":1uss021e said:
[Always best to try your lights after a bottle of vino, your be ready for anything after that test

Never touch the stuff I'm afraid, but I'll make you a deal. You drink the vino, and I'll test the lights :mrgreen:

It really is great fun tearing around the woods at night, made more pleasurable with modern lights which are more powerful and a lot lighter than my trusty old Vistalights.

I was thinking!!!

If we all had endomondo installed on our phones and were "freinds" with each other, then we could track the progress of each rider. It allows you to see a realtime map with the person location?

Would that be useful?

Very useful for change overs I would guess, although I'll have to borrow a phone, as mine is older than a couple of my bikes.

Well done to the West Midlands team, and well done to Dave and Adrian (heros the pair of them).

I don't know how the team did, last time I looked we were 16th, but managed several more laps after that.

We did not beat the South West Team, but that is manily because we did not use modern bikes (oh yes they did ;) ).

The team did a FANTASTIC job, adding laps where required, making sure the next rider due up was woken in good time (nice idea Rupe), and generally giving their all.

Special thanks to Dave for becoming Adrian, although it was a rubbish impersonation and needs much work, which is best done by attending a lot more West Midlands rides.

Official mascot was Rupe's dog, who is several thousand doggie years old and as cool as you like, plus he looks like a tamed wolf.

Tremendous effort by every rider, whatever the result.

Are you all free next year?

As for Dave an Adrian; well RESPECT.

I saw Dave at one point and he bore a closer resemblance to cousin Fester than is healthy for any live human being.

Both of them rode for the whole 24 hours allowing for a quick bite to eat and in Adrian's case, multiple bike changes, and regardless of the number of laps they completed, the course was hard enough to have brought lesser men to tears, just at the thought of one hour in its company let alone twenty four of the buggers. Just an amazing effort.

So, a brilliant weekend of cycling, banter, camaraderie and sleep deprivation all round.

And as I have not slept sine 5.30am Saturday morning, I am now I'm off to become a cheese, as I believe my cylinder is completely bamboozled. :shock:

Fair play Dave, really impressed with how well you did considering every ride I've been on with you you've bitched and moaned your arse off the whole time ;)

Thanks for a great weekend everyone else. Was good to meet some new people, hope to bump into some of you in the future!

Cheers Jon ......I think :LOL: :LOL:

I have had all day to reflect on the weekends madness and been up docs this morning with knackered back :cry:

Well done everyone for their efforts it was tough out there for sure again stamping firmly in my mind that mountain biking is sh@t :LOL: :LOL:

There was nothing about that course that made me want to go out again ... Sadly being a knob and attempting solo I had to ...again ...and again ...and again

I think the venue has potential but deff needs tweaking with the trackside camping a must as the atmosphere was pants and the arena feeling pretty empty. Had family visit over the weekend and after bigging it up as the biggest 24hr mtb event etc felt more like a local club meet :?

Have to say it again hat off to adie , beens as he has done little riding and only a weeks notice he just kept going and if I am honest kept me going. Made the weekend a good giggle and in a sadist kind of away enjoyed suffering together :LOL:

Next year? Hmmmmmm

NeilM":1zdc5us7 said:
We did not beat the South West Team, but that is manily because we did not use modern bikes (oh yes they did ;) ).

Not all of us ;) not that I think it made much difference TBH in the conditions , Neil you had suspension and modern gears :LOL:

Great show by all the West Midlands teams and again im sorry I didn't stop in the woods on the last lap and cross the line with you, but did wait for you all for the photos

See you soon all soon

James

Back