1995 saracen tufftrax elite.

Jase36

Dirt Disciple
Hello newbie here, having been a naughty boy and had my driving licence taken away from me for 16 months I went to the garage and proceeded to dust down my 1995 saracen tufftrax elite, Having been into mountain biking back in the 90's it had been modded BITD and the only original components on it were the frame and brakes, I do believe it came as a full Deore DX bike back then, anyway Instead of just dusting it down i ended up overhauling it and painting a few things and swapping a few things, came across this site and now i think I have a problem! i cant stop seeing stuff i like and im sure i have become ebays biggest customer lol, anyway this is my 95 tufftrax thread, hope you enjoy.

So heres how it started, 95 tufftrax elite frame
xt front and rear mechs
specialized chainset, with specialized rings
USE seatpost
Rock shox Mag 21
Kona impact headset
Cook bros Dogbone stem
Pace/renthal sub 130 bars
suntour xc thumbies
Mavic 217 rims
Bullseye front hub
XT parallax rear hub
Deore DX cantis and levers
cheap saddle

Attachments

• 1Before.jpg
    1Before.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 979
And heres how it looked mid way through, I swapped the wheels for some Mavic 225 rims with shimano and specialized hubs, because i wanted black wheels.
I sprayed the outer ring black and changed the saddle, it looks a little bulky but i want something comfertable for my daily ride to work. :)
oh and the seat post got a spray job too!

Attachments

• During.1.jpg
    During.1.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 976
And seeing as the whole tart up started because the shox were looking a little dated and id always fancied a pair of RC35's , this is the direction i went in, with some generic carbon bars, after stripping the RC35s for a service and to change the steerer, the crown was looking pitted, tatty and needed a rub down, but being too impatient to send them of and have them re-anodised or plated i decided to spray it black and have to say that i quite like it. The maguras came as a red set, but they too were a bit scuffed and worn so they too were treated to several layers of new enamel spray paint. all the paintwork i have fone is enamel sprayed paint, the compoments are rubbed down with 180, then 280, grade wet and dry, then given a coat of primer, the paint is built up in layers and left to hang in the airing cupboard overnight in between each layer, the maguras took a week and a half to paint like this!! and the crown about 4 days

Attachments

• After.jpg
    After.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 975
  • After2.jpg
    After2.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 975
I have scince put the renthals back on and have some blue anodised chainring bolts and skewers coming, gonna be a Red white and blue bike, kind of a british theme what with the Sarrie, Pace and the USE!

Hey dam it youre right, 1992!! wow, I had her scince new, my rose tinted glasses always make it look like 1995 when i look back!! I ve still got the original rigid forks it came with up in the loft.

Back