BEWARE Klein Idiot on Gumtree selling a broken bike

gtRTSdh":2aqu5zug said:
A more balanced view, given that there are plenty of scumbags on the internet, do you think they should be allowed to carry on, or do we as the internet community need to weed out the scumbags, if we don't who will? The quote below is from the Boston (US) Holocaust memorial, and is a succinct damnation of human apathy.

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/holoca ... ocaust.htm

The seller was contacted via the ebay messaging system, despite being made aware that they have been found out, they've blatantly avoided doing the right thing by getting it fixed, or describing the bike as broken. I don't know if anyone reported this to ebay directly, but the person is a scammer, there is no way they do not know that they are selling damaged goods as not.

The person is not to be trusted & deserve the negative mark on their account as a warning to all others that may buy anything from the seller.

Having invoked Godwins Law, your argument becomes null and void :facepalm: :mrgreen:

Wow what a turn for the worse this topic has taken if Genocide is now on a par with a broken Klein!
The seller was unscrupulous on the way he acted and paid the price of relisting the first time round and again the second time as funny as its been its a wee bit too far to persist in tarnishing his account without ever viewing the thing.. wether it was fixed or not he said it was which was his choice and something for the new owner to decide as they would sure as hell inspect the thing and take action if it wasn't repaired, if it goes up for £100 BIN sure there will be plenty on here would buy it!

It's only bad for those bidding genuinely if it had been shilled up and then pulled out - as it is it was ensued that the shill account was a winner.

And contrary to what EBay would have you believe there is no contract until money and goods have changed hands - which is why both buyer and seller are allowed to cancel the transaction beforehand.

gtRTSdh":3d1e9q1m said:
A more balanced view, given that there are plenty of scumbags on the internet, do you think they should be allowed to carry on, or do we as the internet community need to weed out the scumbags, if we don't who will? The quote below is from the Boston (US) Holocaust memorial, and is a succinct damnation of human apathy.

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/holoca ... ocaust.htm

The seller was contacted via the ebay messaging system, despite being made aware that they have been found out, they've blatantly avoided doing the right thing by getting it fixed, or describing the bike as broken. I don't know if anyone reported this to ebay directly, but the person is a scammer, there is no way they do not know that they are selling damaged goods as not.

The person is not to be trusted & deserve the negative mark on their account as a warning to all others that may buy anything from the seller.

Then they came for the rogue eBay seller..

I missed all the fun!!!!!!!!!....I picked this Klein up on my 'saved searches' when it was listed with the dodgy paint splashed over the hanger. I thought 'Feck that...its dodgy as' and never looked at it again. Didn't see this thread 'til now. Drat.

On a serious note, having words with myself, I ought to of thought about it harder from the perspective of 'outing it' as a warning. Not just passed it off. :oops:

You have all been very 'proactive' ;)

I think the seller deserved everything he got but on the other hand maybe: 'the end doesn't justify the means'. It's hard isn't it? The courses of action available to effectively deal with this type of thing are sorely inadequate. Individuals who knowingly try to sell items that are faulty & dangerous have obviously got the mindset that they can prey on people- They therefore make themselves 'fair game' for creative intervention in my eyes. If it boils down to preserving someones safety..I'd rather the seller were stuffed over and stopped in their tracks in the most effective and swift way possible. It's a jungle out there :twisted: I apply the same priciples if I am walking home and someone tries to mug me - they are going to get hurt!!!

'All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing'.. is an adage I intend to follow more closely in future as far as this type of thing is concerned.

Back