Collect+ for deliveries - any comments good or bad?

raidan73

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
I've only used this service once and the item arrived without any issues. Since I have changed jobs, the nearest Myhermes shop is 75 miles away so I am looking for an alternative. Does anyone use Collect+ regularly? Any feedback good or bad would be appreciated.
Cheers

I've only ever sent stuff. Loads off drop off points around the country. Never had any issues and items always delivered in time. Prices have just gone up though which is annoying, but still cheaper than royalist mail

tonedeaf101":laobva5m said:
I've only ever sent stuff. Loads off drop off points around the country. Never had any issues and items always delivered in time. Prices have just gone up though which is annoying, but still cheaper than royalist mail

+1

Used them loads - no issues. Shame the prices have gone up but hey ho - still a lot cheaper and more convenient than royal fail.

All Ok Raidan73,
I have only ever used 'collect' to get stuff from A to B with Myhermes and they've been good..I do think it depends upon the diligence of the driver they have in your area though.. I have had the same driver since 1st time I started use them..we have an understanding as to where I hide items or want them put if I'm not in to recieve/collect. Handy!

I tried Interparcel today.It was so much handier than trawling through websites looking for best price.I had three large items to go after my Ebay listings ended this weekend and I managed to get decent delivery costs on all three.I booked them in the morning and then one after another TNT Express,UPS and Citylink rolled up and collected the parcels.What truly fascinated me is how the prices varied between companies according to quite small differences in weight and size.The whole process was automated so you simply print out address labels and shipping barcodes.Brilliant,I would have hated driving 18 miles into the big smoke and having to find the depots to drop off parcels.

I've used Collect+ a fair bit recently, receiving items (delievered to my door) has been fine, takes 3-5 days to arrive but prices are quite reasonable.
Sending is also pretty easy, print the label, take to nearet Collect+ shop which is a few miles from me (about as near as the Post Office), hand it over & get a receipt. At least the shop I use is open till late in the evenings, useful for those of us that are busy with work in the day.

Have prices gone up a lot recently ? I sent a bike today and tried for ages to get someone to take it for under £35.. Eventually I had to cut the box down to 110cm so that yodel would do it for £12.99...

Did I miss something?

I've used Collect+ through Parcel2Go.com. Just as good as Hermes drop shop but always make sure you get a drop off receipt.

Back