BEWARE Klein Idiot on Gumtree selling a broken bike

So you deliberately bid on something you had no intention of paying for and then trashed the guys feedback on a transaction that never actually took place.

Well done.

Slow clap.

Although I agree it has probably not been professionally repaired, if at all, I think the feedback maybe somewhat harsh unless the winning bidder has actually viewed the bike in the flesh. I'm not defending the seller or his attitude but you can't tell a great deal from the photo's and the seller never forced anyone to bid unless they were happy to do so.

I think this one has run it's course now chaps? I think we all get the picture. Don't trust a brummie. unwatched.

i think the issue here is the seller would not provide evidence of a professional repair.
which points towards a "dodgy job" especially with the shoddy paintwork.
no doubt this will be sold privately, or there will be another thread following the next auction,
whatever happens, this bike is now tainted.

raidan73":29n77qbj said:
Although I agree it has probably not been professionally repaired, if at all, I think the feedback maybe somewhat harsh unless the winning bidder has actually viewed the bike in the flesh. I'm not defending the seller or his attitude but you can't tell a great deal from the photo's and the seller never forced anyone to bid unless they were happy to do so.

Russell":29n77qbj said:
So you deliberately bid on something you had no intention of paying for and then trashed the guys feedback on a transaction that never actually took place.

Well done.

Slow clap.

all very valid in my view, but has avoided someone being stitched up and a lot of hassle afterwards, I had a lot of hassle with a non cycling item where the seller was guilty of a number of mis-descriptions and you wouldn't believe the time taken to resolve these things after the event (albeit not helped by cash on collection). If he can prove comment is invalid he can probably get ebay to remove ?

The seller didn't say he had it professionally painted, he said he had it professionally repaired on the weld, why should he provide evidence of this "you pays your money you takes your chances" it's a bit harsh to screw the guys feedback up when over 100 punters had been happy with his service and its a bit harsh to have taken the chance from whoever was genuinely bidding on it to buy the thing as that was their choice...
Think the guy has probably learnt his lesson and leaving feedback for a bike you have never seen in the flesh has taken it a bit far and unnecessary as its been such a fun topic..

The feedback comment is invalid because the "buyer" hasn't taken delivery of the bike.

If you want info about a repair, you ask for it before the sale ends and then bid, or not depending on the information provided. You don't win an auction and then ask for proof of the repair.

If I was the seller, I'd be sending ebay a link to this thread as proof of shill bidding, deliberate bidding with no inention of paying and fraudulent feedback. I'd also be pushing for the "buyers" real eBay account to be suspended.

Back