Mother in laws and their sisters

Chopper1192":12ly36jf said:
He's not mad Ali. He's bucking the trend of artificially stifled evolution of the human species. He craves adventure, New sights, and will for the rest of his life share the Corps de Esprit of fellow warriors, knowing he's a member of a very select band of men.

When someone at work vents their spleen me I just close my eyes and wonder what they were doing when I was getting shot at outside XMG, or when the scuds were falling on us in Riyadh. For the rest of his life he'll have a wonderful measure of what's really worth worrying about, and what sad little people use to fill their lives.

I am very proud of him though, he worked really hard for the 32 weeks of training, and loves the camaraderie of forces life. funny he said that before training started the more cocky his fellow applicants were about being an ace marine and how awesome they were going to be the quicker they gave up during training, one seriously cocky, self-important bloke only lasted two days

Alison

only at captains rank.....my father and i picked him up at hanover airport holding hands with his mate(i fail to recall his rank as i was more concerned with the amount of rain pouring through the landrover front console...)...

ps my old ma was forces for over 30 years ...he loved nearly all of it except for celle when he was a staff seargent and we had the most awful living quaters =with the 70s decor from hell in it...

gibbleking..... forces brat and frequent mover..

My family are going tomorrow to the birthday party/dinner of my husbands aunt, weehee I'm free to do what I want tomorrow :p

I'll go out on my not too OK bike, listen to some 80's music, watch crap TV (TG repeats :LOL: ) and know all the disapproval is irrelevant cus I won't be there :LOL: :LOL:

I will miss meeting my mother, she was crap but still mother to me :oops:

She is handing over 150 cookery books, why did I say most of mine had disappeared :facepalm:

Alison, any parties tomorrow :?: :xmas-big-grin:

Back