PSA re Shiny Bikes - RESOLUTION p4

Re: Non-delivery from an online shop - thoughts?

A further update.

On Tuesday I phone again.

Them - Ah, yes, you've put in a Paypal dispute.

Me - yes, after over 4 weeks and hearing nothing from you I finally got fed up waiting.

Them - well the chainset is in so we'll be sending the order to you this afternoon.

Me - no thanks, I want a refund.

Them - but it'll be with you tomorrow morning.

Me - sorry, I'd like a refund.

Them - ok, we'll cancel the order and refund you.

Me - thank you, could you confirm via e-mail please.

Move on to Wednesday. No e-mail from seller, no refund.

Move on to Thursday. No e-mail from seller, no refund. However I return from work to find an e-mail from Parcelforce to say that my order has been collected and is on it's way - so, despite cancelling the order and a refund agreed they have decided to send anyway two days later (and two days after they advised "it'll be with you tomorrow"). It would be unbelievable if it wasn't sadly predictable.

Friday the parcel arrives. I'm at work but have asked Vinia to not sign for it and return to sender as the order has been cancelled (and I'm buggered if I'm sending it back at my expense).

Date for review by Paypal is Monday 17th June 2013. I'll update when I know more.

That's a nice one. I presume the small print states that they can charge a restocking fee if you choose to send it back?

Oh and as LGF said, name and shame. If it's a bike-related part, you really should tell us to protect other members.

Their website reads:

Returns Policy

We offer a "no quibbles" guarantee on all purchases meaning that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, for example if the item you have ordered is faulty, defective or you've had a change of heart you must return it to us unused and in the original packaging and condition within 7 days for a prompt replacement, exchange or refund.

Where an item has been specially ordered for a customer and the item is then returned either for a refund or an exchange, a stock in fee of 20% of the value of the item will be applied.

Refunds:

All goods carry a no quibble money back guarantee, simply send us back your un-wanted goods along with your proof of purchase and we'll credit you upon receipt. Postage cannot be refunded, only the goods in question, this applies to both parties, postage will therefore be deducted from the refund. We accept the return of items only if they are unopened and in their original condition and within 7 days, we will then issue a full refund.

Doubtless there will be back and forth on this. I've rechecked the original order and it doesn't state that the item is a special order - is a Sram Rival groupset a 'special order'? I wouldn't have thought so but then it was apparently only the chainset that they were waiting for - is a chainset a special order?

Oh, and once there is a resolution I'll name and shame.

Oh, and photo from the website - unbelievable indeed.

Attachments

• sidebannergroupsets.png
    sidebannergroupsets.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 575

ededwards":avmr7wy9 said:
All goods carry a no quibble money back guarantee, simply send us back your un-wanted goods along with your proof of purchase and we'll credit you upon receipt. Postage cannot be refunded, only the goods in question, this applies to both parties, postage will therefore be deducted from the refund. We accept the return of items only if they are unopened and in their original condition and within 7 days, we will then issue a full refund.

Doubtless there will be back and forth on this. I've rechecked the original order and it doesn't state that the item is a special order - is a Sram Rival groupset a 'special order'? I wouldn't have thought so but then it was apparently only the chainset that they were waiting for - is a chainset a special order?

The ZIPP 900 Disc Rear Alloy/Clincher Campagnolo have special order against them, so unless your item said special order I assume that it is not special order.

Hard to tell how they rate from forums as you mostly get negatives, but generally but generally communication is not one of there good points.

Good spot! No SPECIAL ORDER against the Sram Rival groupset and it's advertised on the website as a Bestseller.

All companies will have something that goes wrong at some point, from the huge retail giants to the tiniest of operations. As highlandsflyer says above, it's how they respond that is key.

ededwards":3pctk926 said:
All companies will have something that goes wrong at some point, from the huge retail giants to the tiniest of operations. As highlandsflyer says above, it's how they respond that is key.

If their phone number ends with 996 (nice trail of breadcrumbs, BTW), this isn't a matter of "something that goes wrong at some point". These guys get a LOT of negative feedback. 2 minutes of Googling could have prevented this.

Even though I don't agree with your choice, I'll respect it and leave the naming to you.

Raging_Bulls":5moz4awi said:
........ this isn't a matter of "something that goes wrong at some point". These guys get a LOT of negative feedback. 2 minutes of Googling could have prevented this.

Completely agree and my learning from this experience is not to be blinded by price and a shiny website but to do, as you say, two minutes of checking first.

Back