Alpinestars cro-mega LX/DX question.

You know you want to go to LSN and do the frame that amazing ultra gloss black mate......

Just go there and go for it!

OR

Neon pink!

Funny you should mention LSN rob, was there today collecting pops tripin's pink forks. hard colour to do in neon. If i asked for a whole frame they would simply beat me up and, kick me when down :LOL:

Well, folks, i'll settle for a DX restoration! I've had a red alpinestars before now so, grey/off white would be ok i suppose. All components accounted for, just need a fairly tidy DX rear mech.

cheers for input etc..

:cool:

Any pics thus far Marc ?

Fwiw I'm still running a megalite stem on one of my alpine stars , had bars snap recently tho

mikee":1y47niay said:
Any pics thus far Marc ?

Fwiw I'm still running a megalite stem on one of my alpine stars , had bars snap recently tho

Daz, mikee.

you must have a private-eye on me! Just back from the powdercoaters with frame , fork and stem.

I've found a dark grey that is very good to the original, the stem is gloss black. From here, the middle bit of the frame is going to be done by me, D.I.Y style in off-white..some stone chip resistant stuff. Hoping for a fair day tomorrow then. light wind and mild will be ok. ;)

As the coaters cannot do stop/start between colours easily i just had the whole lot done grey, this provides a good base for the white section if nowt else. I will rub the section over with 1200g then, lightly mist a white coat on. Decals are here and gonna take my time with those as i was never particularly good at that bitd with star wars vehicles etc... :LOL:

Progress...

Yes, most parts are ready to bolt on. havn't decided on tyre choice yet, got some panaracer fire laying around, i will see how they look once i'm at that point in the build.

So far a layout of £35 for the coatings and another tenner on rattle can, masking tape etc....

crap pic, best i can do til the old hitachi gets charged up. Once fully painted and decal'd up i will start a proper build thread.

So, DX it was in the end, not to be a catalogue build, just sympathetic and practical. The stem is put away now, the type with a removable front plate and standard 25.4mm bars, of which i have a good stash to choose from.

I forgot the RAL code for the grey but will disclose it when i pop back to coaters.

cheers.

Back