PSA re Shiny Bikes - RESOLUTION p4

Re: Non-delivery from an online shop - thoughts?

ededwards":2xzplypv said:
Charlieboy28":2xzplypv said:
please tell me the shop is not in northwich and does not have the letters DH in it

No, it's not that one.

Dad & I once had a skipload of bother with a certain mail order firm in Preston, but that was admittedly in the days before they did online shopping. Not them by any chance was it?

David

I'd be in favour of naming the shop. Not at this stage to shame it but more to ask any other members who have used them if they have had similar experiences and how it ended.

There may also be a RB member close by who could pop into the shop to enquire on your behalf in regards to the item. If it hasn't left yet they could get it for you and if it has left then they can provide a delivery note to said RB assistance to show it's on it's way.

There seems little point in having a RB network unless we use it properly to assist other RB members and remind sellers we have people everywhere.

No response again so escalated to a claim.

Update - Paypal has given the seller 10 days to respond (i.e. until 17th June) but heard nothing so far which isn't a surprise given experience to date.

I might be misunderstanding but could well be an innovative business model via investing what is effectively an interest free loan.

ededwards":3udsl3kd said:
I might be misunderstanding but could well be an innovative business model via investing what is effectively an interest free loan.

Do you mean they take your cash for goods they don't intend to supply, make profit on the funds while you wait for a refund via paypal/credit card?

I have experienced this with an online electronics seller. Seems to be a growing 'business model' It took me 2 months to get my cash back via visa.

A lot of Sellers advertise stock they don't actually carry, then when you buy something from them they order it from China so you have to wait for it arrive from the Far East first...

...had a couple of things recently from UK based Sellers that actually shipped direct from China!

Don't have a problem with goods from the Far East myself, just nice to know who I'm dealing with?

I used to sell amps and guitars directly from the States to the UK. Sometimes things go tits up and you fail a customer.

That is all and well, but you inform them of delays and refund or discount if they are not happy to wait.

Back