Postage costs killer

Same problem here in the US. I used to ship a lot to Europe and Asia, all types of items now only the rare and expensive items are worth the effort.

If you don't like the prices you can jump in your car and burn your own fuel delivering it yourself. Factor in your time at minimum wage, and then you gotta wonder how they make a profit at all, even with the the new pricing structure.

Just price them plus post
It's the inescapable bit unless you do what chopper suggests

Chopper1192":3bt8f05v said:
If you don't like the prices you can jump in your car and burn your own fuel delivering it yourself. Factor in your time at minimum wage, and then you gotta wonder how they make a profit at all, even with the the new pricing structure.

They make a profit because they don't deliver one parcel per van. It's called economies of scale.

Chopper1192":1p5deyru said:
Exactement!

If you can do it cheaper than them, go for it. But you and I can't, so we shouldn't begrudge someone who can.

But that's what we're supposed to do - complain when the price of anything goes up :D

raidan73":1hd4r0rb said:
+1 for myhermes. Sent a bunch of stuff with them although now looking for an alternative as the nearest myhermes shop is now 75 miles away :(

That's bad luck, my next-door-neighbour is the MyHermes agent! ;)

We_are_Stevo":29fq3t3i said:
raidan73":29fq3t3i said:
+1 for myhermes. Sent a bunch of stuff with them although now looking for an alternative as the nearest myhermes shop is now 75 miles away :(

Down here the post cart collects every 2nd Tuesday unless the horse is lame or it's bad weather

raidan73":34gu14e8 said:
We_are_Stevo":34gu14e8 said:
raidan73":34gu14e8 said:

Down here the post cart collects every 2nd Tuesday unless the horse is lame or it's bad weather

I'd swap with you...:cool:

Back