The saddle lottery

The History Man":r15h27g6 said:
Selle Italia XO...just enough padding to be comfortable..

&

jimo746":r15h27g6 said:
Also worth mentioning shorts... many people bemoan their saddle whilst only riding in boxers and shorts! quality padding in a short is a big plus when it comes to day-long comfort.

End of thread.

al-onestare":v1w8hghs said:
The History Man":v1w8hghs said:
Selle Italia XO...just enough padding to be comfortable..

&

jimo746":v1w8hghs said:
Also worth mentioning shorts... many people bemoan their saddle whilst only riding in boxers and shorts! quality padding in a short is a big plus when it comes to day-long comfort.

End of thread.

:?: I always wear padded shorts with an XO. Is that the point?

My best saddle so far was a Bontrager Ti, now a write off after a fall. The rails collapsed, shame.

My best saddle so far was a Bontrager Ti, now a write off after a fall. The rails collapsed, shame.

Chopper1192":2lbp0byl said:
Yeah, the Charge Spoon series has had rave recviews but to me feels like sitting on the blade of a shovel. These reviewers forget everyone's arse is different, his making his sort of review largely redundant.

Cheapo Velos suit my firm buttocks best, and can be had branded as Barello or is OE on many Giants, Pinnacles etc, and can range in price from nothing to £60 depending on the brand name printed on it

Funnily enough, nearly everyone in my university cycling club rides with a charge spoon. Maybe we all have the same arse, or we're just too drunk to notice most of the time.

It did take a couple of rides to get used to, though. First ride felt awful, then I spent a day at Haldon in Devon and by the end of the day didn't even notice it.

Back