Grrrr

Isaac_AG":1i5svnkd said:
Have you a grrr for today?

Went to work on my rebuilt CX bike by way of a test ride. Back brake squeals like an elephant in a bit of a strop (pads and rims are both brand-spanking new so maybe some bedding in is needed), which is annoying and embarrassing, even if it is good for letting people know I'm there. :oops:

Played around with the brake block toe-in over lunch so might be better for the ride home.

David

lumos2000":25f47x1d said:
rhubarb and raisins, thanks history man :D

Some people have all the ingredients :evil: unfortunately, we crumbled our rhubarb, but I'm sure the neighbours still have theirs mwahaha a bit of late night scrumping me thinks :twisted:

Alison

Mine goes a bit bendy rather than crumbles :)

You need something a bit tart.............

(Talk about setting up a punchline)

Inset days! Who the Feck agreed to that?
Yeah, teachers need 16 weeks holiday a year to cope with the stress of dealing with a bunch of kids they aren't allowed to clip round the ear, poor luvs, but taking random days off during term time, for no apparent reason, is a step too far! :evil:

Chopper1192":vhzx50zc said:
Ali, I tripped over, put my hands out in front of me to break my fall, but it didn't work out right and if fell full tilt in th my left arm, fist over the heart. No broken bones but bruising a plenty, and they think I've damaged various bits of cartilage in the ribcage/sternum assembly. Pain killers ease it just enough to breathe, but no more.

I did something similar a few weeks ago, went OTB on a trail (a blue trail... :oops: In my defence I'd cased the landing of a pretty sweet jump) and bruised the hell out of my ribs. Nowhere near as bad as yours mind, but I still couldn't ride for two weeks and felt like I had a stitch whenever I moved for another week after that. Can't imagine how you must feel!

I was riding just to town, fell off at a corner, crashed to the ground :oops: one week severe pain in the neck, second week lots of pain, third week mild pain, yet the tendon problem hurt the worst but for the shortest time, at least my neck works now :shock: I will never regain the use of my right hand and I'm right handed :roll:

Alison

The History Man":269k8txg said:
Do it now! Easiest most rewarding cake I bake.

Thanks from me too - fancied having this with a good cup of tea today after a ridiculously busy week and it was every bit as nice as expected :) I was surprised to find that it was actually even better this evening - the rhubarb was even nicer tasting after it had gone fully cold.

Will file that one away as another way of making use of a tiny bit of the truly gigantic amount of rhubarb going spare in my parents' garden... You're welcome to some Isaac_AG but it's maybe a bit far on the bike!

Back