Missy & Fionn vid

Unfortunately I doubt any US brand wants the association these days... companies are a lot more media-wary regarding sponsored athletes' "misdemeanours" than they used to be.

Not saying someone should sponsor her just saying would be good if one of her old brands gave her a newer bike ;)
You only have to look at the drug use in the road scene to realize that big companies aren't that all unforgiving. She's done more good than bad over the years & still has a ton of support & respect from the riding community

Yep... but performance-enhancing drugs in the road scene and trafficking illegal street drugs aren't even in the same game, let alone the same ballpark..

I'm not saying that she deserves to be shunned or anything - hell I was a huge fan of Missy in the late 90's, but asking Yeti or Cannondale to provide free goodies..it isn't going to do a lot for their image in the wholesome midwest.
Might work in Colorado or Washington tho! ;)

A lot of these performance enhancing drugs are also illegal to possess, supply or supply without prescription, so in many cases it's exactly the same game played well and truly in the same venue.

Red Bull were still happy to associate themselves with Myles Rockwell after his drug bust for growing it. I know it wasn't on the same scale.

Missy was a legend when I first started riding, she was a bit like the ladies version of Palmer; fast and gave off a massive rock n roll type vibe. It'd be good to see her back on a bike.

Back