Postage costs killer

Tc

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well I'm in the process of getting rid of as much stuff as I can so i can concentrate on riding & to finish my Yo, but the postage costs are frickin mental now, I've just posted 6 items at a cost if £30 & I've made a loss!
Anyone else peed off with Turpin mail?

Tc :evil:

Yep its gone through the roof, forks are silly expensive to post now will be using couriers for a lot more stuff now.

poweredbypies":8wq0dqam said:
Yep its gone through the roof, forks are silly expensive to post now will be using couriers for a lot more stuff now.

How much are forks by courier?

It's hardly worth selling low value things now at £2.60 for the cheapest small parcel service not to mention the daft new size limits - where did a 16cm cube come from ?
So I've increasingly been using MyHermes drop off service as they are far more flexible and basically anything under a couple of kilos can be sent for £3-4 - including forks.

Agreed. Myhermes is the way to go, forks are under £5 inc insurance most times. They won't take frames due to size restriction I think, but parcel2go is your friend there.

Cheers guys Hermes looks good

But I think I'll be using the Bristol bike jumble in the future !

Even couriers are expensive, granted a lot better than Royal Mail, but things like spare seatposts I might as well hold onto, as after posting, need to sell it for about a tenner to make it worthwhile, and then from a buyers perspective, might as well just buy a new one from CRC!

I started a thread on this a while back. Check out myhermes. Have used them with no problem. E.g. 660mm riser bars £3.00 dropped in to my local shop. Arrives in about 2-4 days.

Another vote for myhermes here. Slower than the competition but dead easy and economically viable!

+1 for myhermes. Sent a bunch of stuff with them although now looking for an alternative as the nearest myhermes shop is now 75 miles away :(

Latest posts

Back