Grrrr

Chopper1192":1s68c7b3 said:
Ali, I tripped over, put my hands out in front of me to break my fall, but it didn't work out right and if fell full tilt in th my left arm, fist over the heart. No broken bones but bruising a plenty, and they think I've damaged various bits of cartilage in the ribcage/sternum assembly. Pain killers ease it just enough to breathe, but no more.

You have my sympathy and in some way my empathy, I tore completely tendons in my right wrist, floppy hand so went to hospital they stitched them back together, serious pain for three/four days no sleep dozens of pain killers and in plaster for 6 weeks. after all that the op failed and I have a right hand that works but not very well, a bit floppy and cannot hold a full cup.

Alison

Do you have the strength to bake? Good for the soul. Fragile flower.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 298
The History Man":5j0j0g3u said:
Do you have the strength to bake? Good for the soul. Fragile flower.

Mmmm that sure looks tasty :D I can bake I use a Kenwood Chef, a good old 1970's piece of retroware. or I get the young ones to do it :D

Alison

I have a handheld thingy with twin prongs that click in. Remember those?

Mason Cash mixing bowl and a fan oven that you can't trust as runs hotter/faster than old school ones.

Off to walk hounds and deliver this to my dentist!

Chopper1192":21ubax0b said:
I got the strength to eat!
Me too! Just had two free bacon sarnies and got a free lunch coming up. Work meetings arent all that bad I guess. And its payday.

Sorry Alison, not much grrr here. I will check back in a day or so as there will inevitably be some grrr by then!

Told myself repeatedly I needed to get cash out atm for my lunch in the canteen. Now its lunchtime and guess what, no cash and nearest atm is over a mile away, not ridiculous distance but GRRRRRRR and DOH!!!!

And then one of you posts a picture of a cake which because of me discovering a couple of years ago I'm Ceoliac (wheat intollerant) I can fully imagine the pleasure of eating but cant actually eat GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The History Man":31iw4pl5 said:
Rhubarb cake cooling on rack.

Good weekend for buying on the bay as all the bike nuts busy at mayhem.

Picking up free Armstrong Sunday

Every cloud.......

have you got a recipe for that, my rhubarb went nuts in the last month and ive got a small mountin of butter due to a mix up at the shops

lumos2000":6r9ybj0i said:
The History Man":6r9ybj0i said:
Rhubarb cake cooling on rack.

Good weekend for buying on the bay as all the bike nuts busy at mayhem.

Picking up free Armstrong Sunday

Every cloud.......

have you got a recipe for that, my rhubarb went nuts in the last month and ive got a small mountin of butter due to a mix up at the shops

Yeah, I wouldn't mind it either :D

Alison

It's orgasmic! Back from walking hounds and delivering cake.

As with all baking, amounts not too critical. You kind of get a feel for the mix.

3oz caster sugar
3oz soft margarine/butter (I use clover and works well)
Two average eggs (free range from the farm round corner)
6oz self raising flour
8oz rhubarb, chopped into cubes
Normal sugar for top(plenty!)

Cream together caster and marg
Beat in eggs
Fold in flour
Stir in chopped rhubarb

Line a tall 7 inch tin with buttered g.proof paper(I use one with a press out bottom. Easy)
Fill and gently press in mixture
Sprinkle with lots of normal sugar

180deg for about an hour middle shelf. My fan one takes about 50/55 mins
Check with a skewer (front or rear) when it comes out clean its done.
Take out of tin,Stick it on a rack to cool. Then remove paper

Waiting for gooseberries as they would also work (halved and trimmed)

The tart fruit really goes well with the sponge.

Do it now! Easiest most rewarding cake I bake.

Questions?

Back