hubless bike

Very smart :cool:
I was expecting to see the usual use of this tech in usually having a huge diameter wheel so it was surprising to see it done on small scale.
Shame it had to be a bmx :LOL:

Whatever that wheels rotating around is its hub, hubless is not an accurate term, plus those photo's dont look entirely real, as if they were computer generated suggesting said bike does not actually exist in a working format :roll: .

velomaniac":119hl7yo said:
Whatever that wheels rotating around is its hub, hubless is not an accurate term, plus those photo's dont look entirely real, as if they were computer generated suggesting said bike does not actually exist in a working format :roll: .
I did wonder actually whether it hasnt been 'airbrushed'. Still an interesting concept though, real or otherwise.

Perhaps 'reinventing the hub' would have been more apt?

However we look at it though, I think it looks awesome, or 'rad' as the kids would say. Pesky kids.

i've seen motorbikes with similar designs - only logical to apply it on a smaller scale.
drivetrain aside - i wonder how it would handle, steering the wheel from that far down the fork.....
i like the look - and it would save me aaaaaages if i didnt have to clean each spoke :p

here be a real working (albeit at a rather pedestrian speed) example - Tron bike style :p:p:p :p

tron_lightcycle.jpg

I'd think the wheel rim would have to be massively strong to prevent it going out of true, and without any spokes to supports it's weight. Therefor I'd think it would weigh a fair bit more than a standard wheel, so although it looks good, it may well be a case of form over function.

Guitar106Music":rmaxcqtx said:
I'd think the wheel rim would have to be massively strong to prevent it going out of true, and without any spokes to supports it's weight. Therefor I'd think it would weigh a fair bit more than a standard wheel, so although it looks good, it may well be a case of form over function.

as with most concepts to be honest! it'd make for a good cruiser bike though :)

Nothing new.

stackable-car-6.jpg

Mostly the custom chopper guys (who put function at the bottom of the list) using the tech.

hubless-motorcycle-450x299.jpg

Back