'92 bontrager race..a bit of a redux for '13

I thought I would post a quick update, I've been fine tuning the bike over the last couple of months and now it's wearing a pair of bontrager switchblades in place of the pace forks. Also added XT front mech, tech lite brake levers and dia compe 987's instead. Just shot a few quick pics in the flat, some better (outside) pics will follow, camera skills permitting ;)

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 719
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 719
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 719
Re: '92 bontrager race..a bit of a redux

Fast forward a few years (!) and it's still at mynchiboy towers...

To be honest the bike hasn't been ridden a great deal, mostly because of other projects coming in and out (and the fact that it it still a tiny bit small for me I think). I've just cleaned it up and dug it back out following a house move and discovered that everything needed fettling once again, loose headset, iffy indexing, brakes needed readjusting, etc. I ended up sorting up everything so I could ride it to over to my new house...

Pedals are now 747 SPD's as I've ditched toeclips permanently, tyres are starting to wear out a bit (and they're not ideal) but they do provide a good all round option for road and light trails. I've still no roller for the front mech and the seat tube still needs repairing eventually, otherwise it's all good :cool:

Long term plans are still either to split and sell (something tells me that the fork may have one or two suitors) or score an earlyish Race Lite frame in a Large and then transfer the bits across. We shall see...

Attachments

• IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 236
Seatpost with a bit of layback might help? I'm sure someone out there will have a Bontrager that is too big for them...

Lovely looking bike.

That would be a tad too small for me also, a predicament I have with an Orange Clockwork of mine. A real shame when you just wish you fit a bike.

Back