The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-350 for the marin team if drivertrain all good. Or send wookie a polite pm and ask him how much he paid as he bought one last year.

Re: 1987 / 88 G Fisher Procaliber Frameset - Any ideas on va

Hi to all

I've just been rooting through my shed looking for some Switchblades that I was sure I still had, and just found this original beauty - a genuine GF made Procaliber.

From the U-brake bosses, I'm guessing it's an 87 or 88, but unsure. I've never really been a massive GF fan particularly - any ideas as to what it's worth?

It's a shame about the chainsuck and chainslap damage on the drive chainstay, as apart from this, she's in not too bad nick - good news is that there's no corrosion despite it being bare for more than 25 years!

Attachments

• IMG_00000123(1).jpg
    IMG_00000123(1).jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_00000122(1).jpg
    IMG_00000122(1).jpg
    166 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_00000129(1).jpg
    IMG_00000129(1).jpg
    150 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_00000121(1).jpg
    IMG_00000121(1).jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 395
Yet another newbie with dumb question.

Was presented with the remains of my old cannondale m700 a few weekes ago after parents were de-junking.

Its in pretty bad shape to be honest, frame and forks are good (albeit badly repainted), has Titanium rims, hope front hub. Think they are the pepperoni? forks. was originally green and black, think it was around 1995 but not managed to find exactly which model it was

Question is is the frame worth anything to anyone, i'm loathed to bin it other than ripping the new v-brakes off to replace the ones on my kids bike.
PM if you're interested, its in warrington, i can post some piccies if i get round to it.

Does anyone know how much my 2001 Kona Kilauea custom build might be worth?

We've done many miles together, it's a proper little workhorse - light, nimble and very comfortable to ride due to the frame being made from steel. I initially bought the frame from Cycle Surgery in 2001 (when it was no more than one little shop in Spittalfields) and then built the bike from there.

I'm reluctantly selling it as I don't really use it much anymore, but not sure if I should sell it as a whole bike or split it into parts.

Full spec as follows:

Matt black Kona Kilauea 18" double butted chromoly frame with v-brake mount
Black Kona Project 2 forks with disc brake mount
Black Cane Creek headset
Red Kore stem
Black Gusset Open Prison handlebars
Black ODI Mushroom grips
Black Shimano Deore brake levers (brand new)
Black Shimano Deore V-brakes (brand new)
Black Shimano brake cables (brand new)
Matt black Kona seat post
Black ICS Gel seat
Matt black PowerPro crank set
Middleburn chain ring
GT pedals (Shimano DX style)
Shimano 8 speed thumb shifter
Shimano Deore XT derailear
Matt black Mavic rims
Black spokes
Matt black PowerPro sealed hubs with disc mounts
Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres (brand new)

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

The deore (new) parts aren't attractive from a resale value, as they are cheapish new and modern.

As a bike, guess about £200. The bmx style forks aren't as good at reselling as the straight dropout "classic" P2s.

The value is in the frame, usually splitting would make you more money, but not sure it would in your case.

Hope that helps.

Hi guys, posting on behalf of a friend that has just found this nice frame.
He would appreciate some info and an idea on its value?

B18129D5-6881-44C4-AC82-0591A25B74F6-810-0000010EA6374983_zps204f7bc3.jpg

Big thx in advance.... Rich

Retro Rich 78":2qofqiil said:
Hi guys, posting on behalf of a friend that has just found this nice frame.
He would appreciate some info and an idea on its value?

B18129D5-6881-44C4-AC82-0591A25B74F6-810-0000010EA6374983_zps204f7bc3.jpg

Big thx in advance.... Rich

Non zaskar gt without decals or a mech hanger... £20-25

twellsie":x4at1kee said:
With the other bikes I have got I am really not using my Dyna-Tech, so thought I might put it up for sale, however I haven't got a clue what it's worth?

Build thread in my siggy

I could still do with an indication of value on this.....

They dont sell great so are awesome for the money. Given it looks so mint I would say about £200, sadly would make more parted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back