Today I was mostly riding.....

Photos look great Adie!! New motor too? Nice :cool:

Matty its "CERVELO" !! And to be fair I moaned much more about lack of climbing gears than weight :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

grumpycommuter":38we5uh9 said:
not that im being unsporting but did you have more climbing gears than me?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

karl, you did splendid on that gear set up. and here is a challenge for everyone. can anyone think of a bike that has won more pro race,s than a colnago master?

Today decided to ride up to the burial mound about a 1000 ft above my house. Almost made it up the 25% climb. Great day for it as cool and blowy, threatening to rain but not quite managing it. Back down on forestry style tracks. Only about 10 miles but a good downhill confidence builder for an older gentleman!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,352
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,352
Stunning photos.

10 miles and 1000ft off road will do me very nicely thank you.

Now you have a goal, make that climb, bottom to top. :mrgreen:

Thanks, handheld Ricoh CX2 compact. Nearly made it. 50yds short. Made a note of collapse point :oops:

Nice pics - I had a Ricoh CX2 but it kept breaking, pity as they do take nice pics. Where is that mound?

nevadasmith":2njk9c9t said:
Nice pics - I had a Ricoh CX2 but it kept breaking, pity as they do take nice pics. Where is that mound?

Thanks. Be more gentle. They only take nice pics if you dont break them :LOL: Belas Knap above Winchcombe.

weeman - was out riding the canals the other weekend myself. Lovely place to ride (esp. for the unfit like myself!) as long as you watch out for other waterway users. :) I rode about half a mile to pick up the canal in Stourport then tow path through Kidderminster to Kinver, hung a right on the Stourbridge canal to Merryhill (where I work). All in was about 20 miles each way and a lovely, easy ride. Very scenic, esp. around Kinver, and some of the longer low tunnels are quite interesting! :D Very good way to get a bit of stamina and fitness back as well. :)

Do have to say though that it was one of those stupid Sunday morning runs where I just thought if I keep going I'll get to the office - ninety minutes later I was there. Joy. Then remembered I had to turn straight round and ride back :facepalm: :D

For the eagle eyed (or bothered ;) ) I've put my old continetal cross countries (1.95s) on because although they get a bit sketchy at times they roll so well. :)

Attachments

• 20130526_074944.jpg
    20130526_074944.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,324
  • 20130526_075001.jpg
    20130526_075001.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,324
  • 20130526_083403.jpg
    20130526_083403.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,324
  • 20130526_085812.jpg
    20130526_085812.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,324
Good stuff petipal, some lovely looking towpath in the last couple of shots, are they between the Stourton junction and Stourport? I haven't explored that part of the canal yet as I usually take the right up to Wolverhampton when I come down from Merryhill on my 35ish mile canal loop. Just out of interest roughly how far is it from the Stourton junction to Stourport? I'd like to do this one day when I've got a whole day free, whether I'll ever get a whole day free is another matter :? .

Nice shot of the glass cone BTW, we were in there the other week, it's like the Tardis :shock: .

Back