Can anybody help with the age of my Sun Worksop frame?

Should make some progress at the weekend working around house renovations...

I managed to get some work done last weekend. I've loosely put the machine together now. Still need to fit chain wheel and chain. I have all the adjusting and tightening to do then. As you can see I've replaced the decals and the machine is now in the guise of a 'Snipe Prestige'. I figured if the Snipe was the basic version, the Snipe Plus a bit bitter (looking at others on the web), mine might be a Snipe Prestige due to the chromed headstock and forks, the next model is the Snipe all-chrome which it obviously isn't! I've decided to use a Huret rear mech which is simple and reliable. Wheels are just basics with alloy rims, nothing too special. Tyres are my usual Michelin WTs. For the eagle eyed I have used Carlton Hoods on the levers and 'C' bolts on the wheels and seat tube pinch bolt... don't have any Sun branded 'S' versions! I have new bar tape to put on yet - Tressorex cloth. I think the new ribbed white brake outer cables looks nice with the extra white banding Ive added to the frame and also the white bar end plugs. Some black Bluemels Populars I had from another build complete the look. I have also added a lovely old Matex 'Tour Meter' for the period feel - I'll need to see if I have an old Ever ready rear light to compliment the Pifco one on the front. More soon when I hope to have the machine in a rideable state. Apologies for the flash pictures in advance.

P6120480_zpsd617dd91.jpg

P6120475_zps3e5be74c.jpg

P6120474_zps163b6cf2.jpg

P6120472_zps137a9fb2.jpg

P6120476_zpscf462aa1.jpg

Mike

The bike looks superb with the new decals, love the seat and front light, great seeing it nearly done

Neil

negaultra7":3tunoet4 said:
Mike

The bike looks superb with the new decals, love the seat and front light, great seeing it nearly done

Neil

Thanks Neil.

it has a certain 'Carlton' feel about it, wilst still looking different to my eye.

I have now located a pump for it, over 420mm between the pegs on this one.

Hope to get a chainwheel on soon too....

Managed to get a few better pictures of the bike today. Only had time to fit rear light and pump!

P6150504_zps4e9ec173.jpg

P6150502_zps1614d448.jpg

P6150500_zpsdbc45ab5.jpg

P6150508_zpsa766b778.jpg

Anyone got any 'S' bolts!
P6150511_zpsbe668ce4.jpg

P6150520_zps65045a4e.jpg

Back