Grove Hard Core frameset

Elev12k said:
Hi Sandro,

I do know you were the other bloke! Marc told me he got more interest form Holland when he quoted shipping ;)

I cleaned the area with a Dremel tool. There is no damage worth any concern to the tubing. Powdercoating was indeed hit. Will touch up with paint from the model build shop. Will not be hard to find perfect matching colour, as army stuff is very popular in model build scene :cool: of course.

I went for it as I assumed that with a Grove HC Ã

Yes, I pointed out to him he shouldn't sell to you ...but me. I told him you will never pay and that my guess is you let people down all the time. I also mentioned you are the type of guy who likes spending leissure time by destroying nice, sweet frames with a chainsaw!

Do you believe it?!

Elev12k":3enbpyii said:
Yes, I pointed out to him he shouldn't sell to you ...but me. I told him you will never pay and that my guess is you let people down all the time. I also mentioned you are the type of guy who likes spending leissure time by destroying nice, sweet frames with a chainsaw!

Do you believe it?!

Yes :twisted:

You don't want to know...it made me cry it was such a bargin.

Very happy that Melvin found one for himself...now, we'll see if he is tough enough to ride it hard though ;)

cheers,

rody

GROVE

Congratulations,Melvin,this is my old HARDCORE I sell to Marc.
I also had the original crank's "HOTROD'S",but now they are at one of my FATs.

Olli

Cheap?! It was 5 times more expensive than my S-works with XC-Pro.... Still qualifies for cheap though.

Tough enough? Rody, it will be way more comfortable than the Pana MC-Comp in its current configuration. It is like hitting concrete with a crowbar!

Thanks Marc! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I will do.

- Melvin

Rody, maybe you were right.

GroveRS8800.jpg

Can someone please explain to me what the hell grove was thinking making the B/B that high and how it rides?

You'd damn near get a nose bleed getting onto the saddle! ;)

Melvin,

Eeegad! Don't you dare put a wimpy squisher on the front of that thing!

I've been riding mine full rigid quite a bit lately and have loved it. Actually, my buddies have had quite a good time of poking fun at me for being on an archaic ride but I'm still cleaning the same rock gardens, drops and downhills as they are on their Blurs, Intenses, and Titus's.

I just keep telling them..."if you guys were better bike handlers you would not need all that suspension" :twisted:

I've no doubt your tough enough to ride it as it was birthed, just enjoying a little sarcasm my self.

Arran,

Somewhere in all these threads I've covered this before, but I can't find it...the Hardcore was designed to be the first full on East Coast trail bike. The trails here are extremely rocky, have lots of fallen timber and are a nemesis to all pedals as they are constantly being beaten to death. The Hardcore uses a 13.5" BB to raise the pedals therefore reducing strike, allow more clearance over boulders and logs, and puts the rider in a powerful forward pedal stroke position to churn up hills. The ride is a bit unusal at first but once dialed in, corners very tightly, rolls over anything you choose to throw your body at, and does get you a bit high due to the elevation ;)

A classic tough as nails build...mine has been in some heinous crashes without nearly a scratch or dent present. Gotta luv it!

cheers,

rody

Back