Yo Finished!!

TheGreenRabbit":3mmmodje said:
nice looking build. let us know what you tell the wife!

Ha ha! Used the old politicians trick of 'burrying' news :LOL: She has been after this bloody new house for months and drove me mad about it. Anyway, our offer was finally accepted on Friday and I returned from work with a bottle of wine and flowers in one hand and a Yo in the other- she didn't even blink :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Then on Sunday after my early morning ride she looked up from the papers and commented on the bike. She said it was absolutely horrible and looks like something a teenager would have back in the early 90's. It has been christened the 'Kawabunga Bike' :shock:

Bloody women- no taste!

Thanks for the cranks offers guys but I'm after some Cooks for it in polished finish (they will wear better!)

First ride on Sun was amazing by the way- I really understand why people go on about Fats, it flew up and around everything, took everything in its stride, forks were good, tyres were shite (will have to fit some modern rubber-sorry) brakes were great even with 5 river crossings to tackle. Only glitch was the Ti bars squeeked in the Ringle stem all morning which got right on my tits. I tightened them up a little more when I got home and all seems fine now.
Will post up some pics later of it getting filthy in the glorious Northumberland sunshine (raritat!!) ;)

cheers

S

Looks good mate,probably gonna be my next project bike if i can find one,or a Fat Ti :cool:

Love the colours

Bit of pvc tape in the stem stops it squeaking like a mofo mate ;)

thers just something about a fat i waited till i could afford to do one properly best thing ive ever ridden still cant get off it!

Glad you enjoyed the maiden voyage.

With the uber-cool paint jobs and hype that did (and still does to a degree) surround Fat Chance it's sometimes forgotten that these are mighty fine riding bicycles :D

I often wondered if it was all hype surrounding the FATs but now I know....absolutely fantastic ride, just been out for an evening blast and stayed out until I couldn't see properly. Makes you want to get up at some ungodly hour to get a ride in before work.

Managed to snare another FAT on eBay at the weekend- next project is a Shock-a-Billy. Booooooiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnng! Wonder how they compare??

S

Dr S":1shyz6ql said:
I often wondered if it was all hype surrounding the FATs but now I know....absolutely fantastic ride, just been out for an evening blast and stayed out until I couldn't see properly. Makes you want to get up at some ungodly hour to get a ride in before work.

Managed to snare another FAT on eBay at the weekend- next project is a Shock-a-Billy. Booooooiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnng! Wonder how they compare??

S

Good snare ;) That will indeed make an interesting comparison. Next thing on the list will be a rigid Ti then?

John":qbbgcrrf said:
Dr S":qbbgcrrf said:

S

Good snare ;) That will indeed make an interesting comparison. Next thing on the list will be a rigid Ti then?

Would be nice but I have a Yeti FRO and Pace RC100 itch to scratch first :LOL:

S

Thats a phat FAT you got there ;)

[work estate agents hat on] Always wondered what sort of gaff you have now (before you move), looks very 'equestrian'??? Any chance of some pics, as it looks lovely! [/work estate agents hat on]

Back