GT Psyclone 98 - Anyone?

Mr Vertigo

Retro Newbie
Supplied by BikeTech Cheltenham and built by "The Guv'nor", himself back in 98 / 99.

Less than 1500 miles from new

17.5" Frame
Full LX 27spd groupset
Kore Bars and stem
Rockshox SID forks
No pedals

Back rim was smashed up by someone trying to nick the bike a few years back, so its got a cheap back wheel in at the moment, but I do have the original LX hub (which will have done about 300 miles)

Forks don't seem to hold pressure for very long (about a week), I do have the rockshox syringe thing.

Front mech a bit 'sticky', might want removing and soaking.

Some scuffs, corrosion on the headset cups and forks but other than that pretty straight.

£500 on here before it goes on ebay :D

Wedding forcing sale....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 797
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 797
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 797
What's the size again please? GT didn't make 17.5, but 12.5, 14.5, 16 then 18. they measured centre to centre not to top, is it a 16?

I have never measured it, but I will tomorrow.

I have always thought it was 17.5 as that's what I was told.

My guess based on your info would be 16" Im 5'8 and that's set up for me.

Mr Biggs?

Don't recall if I built this up or if it was the Griffin. Nice frame anyhiw and glwts.

Looks like a 16" to me too (my Zaskar is and frame angles looks about the same), the top tube sits much higher than the rear wheel on the 18" and lower on the 14".

John":3lyq7uqf said:
Mr Biggs?

Don't recall if I built this up or if it was the Griffin. Nice frame anyhiw and glwts.

You did, there was some issue with the cable routing under the bottom bracket I seem to recall, which you sorted out :D

Latest posts

Back