MacRetro chat and rides thread

jimo746":os1kyz6t said:
MacClunker sounds like fun :)

oh, and where's me Macretro banner <----- ??

:LOL:

I don't think you can have a MacRetro and a Retrobike rider banner. :?

Do you really wish to abandon your countrymen and land of your birth to join The Clan MacRetro? :LOL: :mrgreen:

kaiser":2fo097j9 said:
I'm possibly going to try to get to Fort Bill to ride the chairlift and take on the red route. This would be in the second week of June ish possibly midweek if anyone is interested. Post up if you fancy it.

clubby":2fo097j9 said:
Aye, sounds like fun. Always wanted to go but never got around to it.
12th, 13th or 14th are good for me or the same days the following week.

Still up for this, anyone else?

Clubby, I'm leaning towards cancelling Wed/Thur and wait for some better weather. I've had a check and its now raining all week. Whadya reckon?

I think you're right. I've heard the boardwalk is pretty sketchy in the wet, plus it won't be much fun. Save it for another time.

What are folks experiences of Kirroughtree? I know it has a good reputation but worth it for day trip from Edinburgh? Retro-friendly or more fun on a modern?

More fun on a modern IMO, can be a tough old day, doable retro but it beats you up a bit. Its a really nice and fairly natural feeling trail centre, miles of singletrack and a good selection of challenging obstacles, a real skills tester. Has a good flow to it. If you do the red and the black its a very satisfying day and well worth visit. Might be worth posting a ride out? Someone else mentioned recently about going (Rob mibee?) if the date was good I'd go again myself, me and Hawmaw were there recently.

Sounds like it's a go-er. I thinking this Saturday, subject to permission being granted. I'll probably take the MC Rumble then, seeing as it's near the front of the shed!

Latest posts

Back