tv without the licence

Get a DVB dongle for under £20 and that can be used to watch tv. Because it's a digital down conversion and the decryption process is done via software it's theoretically undetectable, and if there's a knock on your door it can go in your pocket. I use one as an SDR and provided your pc has a bit of heft you can watch HD tv on it very nicely.

I only mention the above as a technical viewing solution and do not condone its use in any unlawful way.

Chopper1192":188lykrh said:
Get a DVB dongle for under £20 and that can be used to watch tv. Because it's a digital down conversion and the decryption process is done via software it's theoretically undetectable, and if there's a knock on your door it can go in your pocket. I use one as an SDR and provided your pc has a bit of heft you can watch HD tv on it very nicely.

I only mention the above as a technical viewing solution and do not condone its use in any unlawful way.

you still have to receive radio waves with this. therefore intermediate frequency re-radiation still occurs, just at much reduced power levels than with a roof aerial.

on the unlucky off-chance there's a detector van (or man, they have handheld units too) in your area then you can still be triangulated - they just won't necessarily know what channel you're viewing these days with the way digital telly works.

I don't doubt they made the detector vans. Just I don't believe it has ever been possible for anyone to triangulate a passive receiver.

It's very easy to DF a passive receiver, at least an old school one. The received signal is mixed with a signal generated inside the receiver called the oscillator, to create an intermediate frequency signal that the rest of the radio can conveniently manage. These IF emissions be detected up to a few dozen metres away, maybe a bit more with a really sensitive receiver and a good, tight directional antenna. If you're tv detecting you'll know which frequencies the set is liable to be tuned to so can work out which intermediate frequencies you're likely to detect.

i live among 5 other flats, so really, how possible is it for them to know that i have the tellyvisuals without getting into my flat and looking around???

twain":3am0yv2v said:
i live among 5 other flats, so really, how possible is it for them to know that i have the tellyvisuals without getting into my flat and looking around???
They can't. If they could they would send a van round to mine instead of sending me a letter each and every month since I moved in here (6 years). We're starting an investigation etc etc. It's bullshit. They know I don't have a licence, they know my address, What possible investigation can they do other than fire up the 'detection van' or send the boys round? 6 years saved at £145 is very close to their maximum fine of £1k so even their threat is a waste of time.

In 35 years I've seen one van relating to TV licensing, and that was a minibus with the salesmen from Capita in it. I've read that they spend most of their time on scummy estates to catch single mums and the unemployed who are most likely to be at home.

There's some brilliant videos on YT showing how easy it is to get rid of the 'inspectors' if they come calling.

Good advice Techno. This is one area in which I have changed my view thanks to all the shite the BBC are pushing now and gearing towards their commercial channels anyway.

Harriet Harman was talking the other day about limiting the market share of news organisations to 15%, which is about the most sensible thing she's ever said. News Corp, despite the media (BBC) wanting us to believe is the big bad guy has 11% or so. The BBC has 45%. Four TV channels when only two are needed.7 radio stations and countless local variations, again not required. BBC Alba where three sheperds and their dog can watch Inverness v Ross County with commentary in Gaelic? **** right off. (Look forward to more of this diddy output if we go independent).

Quite apart from the absurd notion that we are taxed for BBC whether we watch it or not, if we didn't pay/weren't forced to pay how much good would 30m x £145 do for the economy? £4bn being spent over and over again isn't insignificant.

I've been watching Vice documentaries on YT recently. Clearly low budget compared to BBC but no less interesting for it. I'm sure there are many others doing similar things in other areas.

Don't get me wrong, the BBC does good stuff. Comedy, drama and documentaries are often top notch. But it also churns out all manner of shite like anything on BBC3, the entire daytime schedule on BBC1/2 except politics/news, etc etc. If it were funded ANY other way the shite would get pared back. Not that there isn't a place for shite, Saturday night says there is but it's got to be popular shite or really what is the point?

can't pay won't pay.
The TV bogeyman turned up at my door with a very threatening attitude until I ranted wildly about pay as you go propaganda mass media programming lies repeated as news NWO and the mind controlled zombies. Been pretty quiet on the home front since.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRMIM1ygKpg

although the Labour party have said just last week that if they win the next general election they will abolish these concessions.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back