Marin mount vision

ewanm77

MacRetro Rider
picking one up at the end of the month was wondering what bits i should change ive read that you neeb to change the forks and rear shock is anything really needed or is it ok in standered form?

ewanm77":15u7n1ib said:
picking one up at the end of the month was wondering what bits i should change ive read that you neeb to change the forks and rear shock is anything really needed or is it ok in standered form?

What year model is it? The rear shock and forks could possibly be an upgrade. More importantly is checking the rear swing arm for cracks....I thought mine was ok till I looked closely and found cracks! You could ride it with the stock rear shock and forks as I am for the time being, but I am looking to upgrade to an air rear shock and air forks....see here for my Mount Vision build...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=256971

All the best

Doug

ive been told its been in the shed for about 13 years
how easy are they to get replacement parts for?

ewanm77":gg33eyiw said:
ive been told its been in the shed for about 13 years
how easy are they to get replacement parts for?

Depends what needs replacing! Most components easily available...

yours looks really good.
the one in getting is from my wifes uncle and its never been used on anything apart from paths so shouldnt be too thrashed its just been sitting for a long time

Look for cracks under the swingarm, between the pivot and the shock mounting. They tend to radiate out from the weld breather holes.

ewanm77":2gjxvz8g said:
can you get them re welded?

Mine cracked around the the breather hole...you are better off getting a new swingarm if thats the case easy enough to find...

Back