BEWARE Klein Idiot on Gumtree selling a broken bike

"Colour matched using Holts professional paints" - I wouldn't bet against the shoddy thick application of model paint being the only 'repair' he's conducted. Had the rear end been properly welded as claimed a large chunk of that frame would have needed repainting and that's clearly not happened. Avoid like the plague.

Just sent the seller the following message.

"Hi, quite interested in your Klein but a little nervous about the crack/repair, could you please post up a photo of the receipt for the welding repairs in order to put my mind at ease before I bid? Many thanks!"

My money is on a home made receipt being produced, much like his 'repairs'!

Plcae your bets now for

A: Paint

B: chewing gum & paint

C: JB weld & Paint

D: Real welds & Paint

Given the reply to my question and the visual evidence before us I'm going with answer A.

Here's his reply anyway:

"Dear **********,

no reciept...sorry
regards

- beltsandlaces2013"

Well there was never going to be one if you never had the thing repaired you scamming scumbag! Grrrr.

The History Man":1pjca6hn said:
" just to let you know i have just paid £130 + vat to have the cycle prpfessionally repaied, and i am so inpressed that i have decided to keep it.
have a nice day

- beltsandlaces2013 "
You going to ask why he changed his mind?

Good point. I shall do so presently.........

" just to let you know i have just paid £130 + vat to have the cycle prpfessionally repaied, and i am so inpressed that i have decided to keep it.
have a nice day

- beltsandlaces2013 "

But no receipt I gather. And I thought you were going to keep it? I would have thought if you paid VAT there would be a receipt. Perhaps the company will be able to help out if contacted.

Awaits

Got a two word reply!......................................"GROW UP"

My response:

"As i have no wish to be considered what in modern parlance would be called a 'Troll' , I shall make this my final communication concerning the bicycle you offer for sale. I am not an expert on welding, bicycle construction or ethics, but have relied upon the honesty and integrity of various vendors when recently purchasing a number of bicycles via Ebay. This has been especially pertinent when one considers the prospective use of such purchases and the possible implications of poorly repaired or undisclosed damage. I trust that your listing and purchaser will possess all of the facts concerning the history of said bicycle. Thus preserving the integrity of the site, if not your own, and hopefully the health of the buyer."

Latest posts

Back