The saddle lottery

Started out with Rolls saddles, which were always good. Then went on to use a few Flites, but never really got along with those. Tried a Prolongo Scratch pro, which was ok, but not 100% on long rides. Now I use Fizik Aliante, which i think is the best modern saddle for me. But it needs to be said, its very personal.

The Pace came with an ancient Flite saddle, it looks scruffy and battered but fits me just perfect :D

Also worth mentioning shorts... many people bemoan their saddle whilst only riding in boxers and shorts! quality padding in a short is a big plus when it comes to day-long comfort.

jimo746":2gwz0nco said:
The Pace came with an ancient Flite saddle, it looks scruffy and battered but fits me just perfect :D

Also worth mentioning shorts... many people bemoan their saddle whilst only riding in boxers and shorts! quality padding in a short is a big plus when it comes to day-long comfort.

Hear! Hear! to this. Always wear padded shorts when I ride anything over a short potter to the shops. A few weeks ago I decided to ride seven or so miles home, to stretch my legs after a slow family ride, but forgot I was in normal shorts. Some class chaffing there. Argh!

Good quality cycling shorts make all the difference. :)

The ideal saddle for MacRetro riders, surely?

GU7484.JPG

Not sure who this might be aimed at. :?

prod_6699.jpg

Love that tartan but the other looks like it belongs in Katie Price's knicker drawer.
Spoon and Flux I like but my bot is far from Flite compatible these days so what possessed me to buy an SLR I don't know - curse of the weight weenie - seriously couldn't even sit on it for longer than down the end of the road !
Fizik Aliante is current favourite - carbon shell with ti rails seems to work well together and it actually has pretty good padding considering the weight of it.

trek_y":1ekv2pbd said:
... what possessed me to buy an SLR I don't know - curse of the weight weenie - seriously couldn't even sit on it for longer than down the end of the road !.

Persevere ;) eventually your arse cheeks will mould to the shape of the saddle... eventually... :LOL:

Back