What Retro stuff have you been doing today ?

Back from my night ride. One badger and one tawney owl spotted.

Still can't crack 20% gravel climbs at night :evil: I'm either in too high a gear, or too low and start popping wheelies.

Very odd, as they are pretty straightforward in daylight.

The rest of ride was a blast.

Looks like grassy climbs on vid so you should be fine as it will be groovy by 2am. :LOL:

I think the grassy climbs are the long ones, there is some short sharp stuff in the woodland I think.

I fancy a little less tyre pressure will help, although traction is not really the issue, it's more momentum....

Oh well..... as we used to say in the Martial Arts; keep training!

Followed up on yesterdays's Herefordshire Grimpeur preview with Dave with a couple of hours up the local woods - dry, dusty trails and plenty of climbing on the ss have left me properly weary so time to relax with some French Open tennis.

Oh, and in properly retro style, here's what I did this time last week....

Attachments

• 424586_379499858821251_1199994196_n.jpg
    424586_379499858821251_1199994196_n.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,732
nevadasmith":obct31yk said:
Late evening lap of the V. trail FoD :cool:

Nice.

Yesterday I started to assemble Kt's Orange P7 'Rainbow Bike', my Fuquay and also adjusted the gear train on the Bigfoot.

Going out for a night ride tonight.

Not today, but Monday, did my last Mayhem prep ride with Kt, Chrissy and our guide to the Mendips, Duncan.

I was on my Yates, Kt her Bigfoot and Chrissy was using Kt's Orange. Dunc was on a hard tail modern Specialized, which he was able to ride downhill faster than was humanly possible, given that most of the time we were on loose rocks the size of King Edwards potato's :shock:

Trig Point on Blackdown.

DSCN0264_zpsd3a96a98.jpg

Kt and Dunc leaving the trig.

DSCN0268_zpsad5dd7e5.jpg

Kt and Chrissy on a rooty bit.

DSCN0269_zpsae38d333.jpg

Back