(Modern) Koga Miyata FullPro

beepbeep

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Yes, a modern bike, but a classic brand and model ;) (thought this was the best place to put it)

As a recent convert to 'real' cycling I bought an aluminium/carbon framed bike last spring which I liked, but was fooled by the compact frame and found it to be too large. Then in the autumn I bought a 2008 FullPro Carbolite frame NOS in 50cm and transferred the Ultegra 6500 from my other bike group onto it.

The snow and ice on the roads have almost disappeared here in Sweden, so yesterday was my first proper ride on it. Even in the freezing windchill it felt lighter, more responsive and faster than my previous bike. Really looking forward to some warmer weather and final adjustments to get the most out of it. I'll update the thread when I get things sorted (looking for some better wheels for one thing).

Attachments

• FullPro1.jpg
    FullPro1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 810
Very nice. Its almost 3 decades older family member:

8534822722_c29ae7eae1_b.jpg

Spring is (finally) coming and this week was my first spin on the bike.

That's beautiful, love the gold decals against the blue.
I came across a few of these older models when googling FullPro to find info on my frame. I'd really like one myself, as a 'father' to the 2008 ;)

There aren't many in size 50 around I am afraid. I like the gold on blue too. It is distinctive and legendary. Koga should issue similar again, to celebrate the bikes of the early 80s.

The bike in the pic is a custom FullPro-L. The geometry is almost square and several details differ from the regular FPL. Also notice the DynaDrive-esque cranks with conventional threading.

Now it feels like she's finished....

Upgraded: 3T bars, stem and seatpost, Rotor cranks with Q-rings and Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels. Sticking with the Ultegra 6500 for now, it works fine and at the moment I don't feel the need for 10/11 speed. Weighs just over 16 pounds without pedals which is good news since I wasn't really going for a weight weenie build.

Rides like a dream! :D

Attachments

• fullpro.jpg
    fullpro.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 382
Back