rBoTM June 2013 - Nominations Please

Citoyen du monde":1igt4u1d said:
bikenut2010":1igt4u1d said:
my Adriatica Corsa, 54 cm
Campagnolo Derailleurs, hubs and dropouts
Fiamme bars and stem
Nervar Sport cranks

This is one of the bikes where I feel the front brake connected to the right brake lever is always best. It just looks so much more balanced when there is cross-over from right to left side.
But why in front of the bars instead of (more usual) behind the bar next to the stem... :?
Really nice bracket set, in steel cranks and aluminium rings. Very special, never seen before... :)

Tel":27syzujn said:
It's time for the June 2013 rBoTM! Roll them out into the sunshine, give 'em a polish and get them up for nomination!

Please see slightly updated rules here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/BoTM_Rules , especially note the first. Useful if you can structure your nomination as follows
➡️ username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. Tel's 1980 Gazelle Champion Mondial
➡️ Image(s)
➡️ Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!

Where is the year going eh!?

How can I vote?

Double Dee's 1980's Vitus 979 with Mavic SSC

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=246927

Thought I'd add some more breadth to the choices, now the weather is sunny cast your minds back to the classics season, and the recent Giro! This was my favourite build, and it rides the best of all of my retro bikes. I treated it to our club Paris Roubaix club run, 12 sectors of genuine pave and dirt tracks in 65 miles round Cheshire, rattled it down a mile long cobble descent in Alderley Edge, no problems. Competition looks fab this month best wishes :)

Attachments

• Vitus 979 Mavic SSC front.jpg
    Vitus 979 Mavic SSC front.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,495
  • Vitus 979 Mavic SSC .jpg
    Vitus 979 Mavic SSC .jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 1,495
Back