this any good guys??

Robbo1987

Old School Hero
can anybody tell me if this is any good n what its worth??

Thanks guys

Attachments

• khs.jpg
    khs.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 788
  • khs 2.jpg
    khs 2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 788
  • khs 3.jpg
    khs 3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 788
come on guys stop lookin n give me some info i know nothing about KHS but bin told by someone its an alright make??

deciding whether fix it up or not

KHS still going, making lower middle-class bikes. A cut above the dross, but perhaps not quite up with the mainstream big names like Spesh, Giant or Terk.

As for whether it's any good I'd need to ride it to be sure, but cantilever rear suspension with a swingarm fashioned from a wire coathanger that doesn't look like it's been serviced since John Major was Prime Minister doesn't fill me with hope. That said, properly serviced and set up its likely to be as good as any other full squidger from the same era, though that may be damning with faint praise.

Is it possible to be worse than a Proflex? Anyone remember how horrified MBR were when they sampled one last year?

That said, a Proflex with a frame made from gate hinges is liable to look like something from an SF novel compared to a Cracktivator II.

We_are_Stevo":4yi1g541 said:
Probably no worse than a Proflex?

Oi!! Don't 'Boing' knock 'Boing' the Flex 'Boing' I have had many happy 'Boing' rides on my 856 'Boing' :D

Not much more than the cost of new chain, cassette, cables, tyres and a tub of grease. It looks like a good project - everything looks present and correct - but its too crude to appeal to someone wanting a full squidge to ride, and not a model or brand that typically makes RB'ers moist in the gusset. Rebuild it and enjoy it.

Back