Too many bikes, but I just can't sell them.

Hi Neil

Did you realize that we are actually long lost cousins :?: :?: :?: :LOL: :LOL:

Although I do already suffer from the same affliction and I keep getting more :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

kermitgreenkona88":2836hght said:
Hi Neil

Did you realize that we are actually long lost cousins :?: :?: :?: :LOL: :LOL:
I did indeed, and if you lived next door you'd be welcome to borrow any of them at any time. ;)

Ductape: Sounds like a plan. :mrgreen:

"Giving" bikes to family members to reduce the herd doesn't count. I tried that with my Stumpjumper. Told my wife that I didn't have 10 bikes, only 9, because the Stumpjumper was for her.

The doctors say the 10mm spanner in my eye hasn't caused any lasting damage, but it might bleed a bit when they pull it out.

It only worked on this one occasion as my daughter lives in a different town, hence the bike is no longer in my garage. :mrgreen:

Ductape":2gucn69y said:
If you are careful, I bet you can redo the hooks in the shed so the bikes hang closer together. Wala. Problem solved. Of course it will take much more fondling to get one down to ride, but is that such a bad thing.

I've just managed to find room for another bike in my shed. That's now 5, in a shed designed for 2...

On the plus side, I juts sold my modern Santa Cruz, so that's no bikes in my bedroom (at the moment)

makster":14631h3b said:
Ductape":14631h3b said:
If you are careful, I bet you can redo the hooks in the shed so the bikes hang closer together. Wala. Problem solved. Of course it will take much more fondling to get one down to ride, but is that such a bad thing.

I've just managed to find room for another bike in my shed. That's now 5, in a shed designed for 2...

On the plus side, I juts sold my modern Santa Cruz, so that's no bikes in my bedroom (at the moment)

I think thats the most efficient use of space I have seen in a long time...! Can't work on them in the shed tho! :LOL:

I just get sick of moving the other stuff so I can get to the one I want, so its clear out time!
Just posted in the sales section my 1996 Deore DX equipped Alloy framed bike sad to see it go but haven't ridden it much at all, but now its time to move on, also sold my 1920s delivery bike!

wookiee":2s3xdi08 said:
I think thats the most efficient use of space I have seen in a long time...! Can't work on them in the shed tho! :LOL:

Pfffft...that's what the kitchen is for! Yes, I live alone

FMJ":2s3plc2n said:
I'm in culling mode. Giving the RM Hammer to the ex, will probably give the Fire Mountain to her mother while she's in town to visit her, selling the RM Stratos to a neighbour, GT Karakoram is going on the block, and I'll probably move at least one more.

Leaving only 30 bikes, how will you cope?!

Back